Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best 2-Door Vehicles

Andy,
    You know your stuff. The NorthStar horror is quite accurate and I certainly am going to miss my memory seat. I just hope I can keep my Caddy running long enough to finish modifying my new ride. I am excited about having updated features like the back-up camera, etc. but concerned about the little things I will miss with my big ole Eldorado.

Andy definitely knows a great deal about vehicles. I know first hand.
    He also knows how to spend your money! LOL! Right Andy?
    He convinced me in purchasing a ‘18 Scat Pack Challenger...... he has an SRT. Now I absolutely can’t wait to get mine out of storage soon and tear apart the streets.
    The Monte Carlo SS now seems so sluggish! LOL.....
    Crazy8, congrats on your new vehicle.
    My cousin had the Northstar in a older ElDorado....... I’ll admit it sure is a beautiful car but wow did it always have issues. LOL!

Dont blame me for spending your money...I've got enough troubles. I stroll into a dealership and the sales guy starts bashing my forehead into the hood while yelling "you gonna buy today?". I just cant say no and end up buying all sorts of shit. Unreal. But since you got a Challenger...do tell and maybe even a picture? Got a few Challenger folk 'round here
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The last time I went through this process I had the following requirements:

1. easy transfer
    2. 2-door
    3. Passenger seat moves far enough forward to get wheelchair in back AND far enough backward to get the wheelchair in the passenger seat.
    4. 4 people fit inside with wheelchair in the trunk.
    5. Easy access to seat motor controls or easy to move seats manually.

The only two cars that met these requirements were the PT Crusier and the BMW 6 series. I really liked the Mercedes. But the seat motor controls are on the door which means you have to reach too far for the controls when the door is open. PT cruiser were manual seats but easy to move. You have to go for a 4-door Mercedes before you get a large trunk. Same problem with the Cadillacs. Today the Infinity G35 (BMW 6 series copy cat) may work. But I think the trunk is not so big. The Challenger was ruled out because the transfer was not easy. The distance between the wheelchair and driver seat requires a transfer board. I bought the BMW 6 series.

By the way, I used to have a folding chair and drive a Buick Riviera back in the 80s so I know what you are looking for. That's going to be hard to find that size of door. You can find a large 2-door car. But probably not with that size door anymore. A rigid frame chair will give you many more options.

Andy and Nick,
    I hope I don?t drive you guys nuts with all my questions. First, let me say I am already jealous. I sat in the Red Eye and the Scat Pack and fell in love with both. Once I built out the Red Eye with all the options I wanted I quickly had a reality check and decided I better start with a basic model. Driving cars too fast for my own good is what got me in this jam in the first place. Lol! Also, I wanted full leather seats. If I understood correctly I could only get full leather in the V-6 model or in the Hell Cats. I am not sure if that is accurate or just my concerned family trying to steer me towards the V-6.

So, to make a long story even longer, I ordered an STX with full leather. I have never owned a car with a V-6 before and I am a bit concerned I am going to miss the bigger engine. My thought is to start with the SXT and work out all the kinks before jumping into a Red Eye and learning it?s just too much car for me.

I am am curious how you guys stow your chairs in the Challengers. Am I out of my mind thinking I can fit my chair behind the front passenger seat folded up with the wheels on?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    Andy and Nick,
    I hope I don?t drive you guys nuts with all my questions. First, let me say I am already jealous. I sat in the Red Eye and the Scat Pack and fell in love with both. Once I built out the Red Eye with all the options I wanted I quickly had a reality check and decided I better start with a basic model. Driving cars too fast for my own good is what got me in this jam in the first place. Lol! Also, I wanted full leather seats. If I understood correctly I could only get full leather in the V-6 model or in the Hell Cats. I am not sure if that is accurate or just my concerned family trying to steer me towards the V-6.

So, to make a long story even longer, I ordered an STX with full leather. I have never owned a car with a V-6 before and I am a bit concerned I am going to miss the bigger engine. My thought is to start with the SXT and work out all the kinks before jumping into a Red Eye and learning it?s just too much car for me.

I am am curious how you guys stow your chairs in the Challengers. Am I out of my mind thinking I can fit my chair behind the front passenger seat folded up with the wheels on?
    That V6 is like 300hp, and the 1st gear in that 8 speed is shockingly low, it will be quite peppy. So what color? Plus Package? Blacktop Package? HK 900 watt sound with 2 10" subs? And yeah, to get the non-alcantara stuff, it is V6 or Hellcat. Used to be you could get an SRT 6.4 with the leather, but the SRT went by the wayside and it is what it is now. V6 or jail time, lol.

I have a non-folder chair. I can get the wheels and frame broken down scattered across the back seat well enough. It is easier though to just keep the wheels on the back seat and the frame on the front seat. I never had a folding chair, so I dont know how that might work or what is involved using one of those in a car

Cool Mopar Or No Car!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    Andy and Nick,

Again congrats on the Challenger.... we wanna' know what color.
    Mine is F8 green...... barely see them around in that color.... anytime it's out, always getting complimented on its color and just all around bad-assery looking machine!
    It's a bitchin' ride!!

Friend of mine has a Charger Hellcat..... it's a BEAST!! Another good friend purchased the SRT Durango.... after he saw my car and was hooked when I told him all that Dodge has to offer now (he has a large boat to tow.) I'll admit for a SUV it screams! But, the 48 mile, 6 days a week drive to work..... OUCH on fuel.
    Another guy in area has a TrackHawk, Demon, and Hellcat Charger also. Must be nice eh?

I too do like Andy, use a rigid-frame and put my wheels in the back seat, I have towels placed on the seats, non-leather here.... it gets too hot. The frame is put into the front passenger seat, and then I pull the seatbelt across it everytime I drive. If a girl or just friends are coming along, I can easily get it in the backseat as well.

Crazy8- I was also looking at the SXT model initially, talking with Andy about his Challenger, and he insisted I not waste money on 300hp, go check out 500hp... once I test drove a R/T Shaker, I was hooked! Except I didn't want to spend almost $52,000. So I took the Scat Pack they had instead.... less options, but so what! I didn't need all that senseless shet' on it.
    I actually have Andy's old Monte SS. 300hp, front wheel drive is interesting to say the lease. Again, super clean car and always have people who know the car, stopping and asking questions and how is it so clean..... I tell them thats the previous owner doings, pretty sure he rubbed it with a diaper nightly.

I'd post a video of how I transfer into my Scat, but it's been put away for Winter..... hoping to awaken it in the next several weeks. Andy uses a transfer board, I don't however, I go for the gusto, and just strain my shoulders immensely.... just kidding... I don't need one. Strong upper body, spaghetti noodles for legs now.
    We have a pretty good cold weather clip coming in the next few days, if it can be tolerated by me, I'll post a video of my transfer to the SS?..... for now.... Cool?
    Last edited by nick; 03-01-2019 at 08:04 AM.

i thought you could get a rt plus with the v8 and leather but could be wrong i know the leather is great for transfers and helps keep my pants up i have a monte carlo with leather
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

You used to be able to. Fake suede is progress, lol.