Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best 2-Door Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    You used to be able to. Fake suede is progress, lol.
    so you cant get anything but cloth unless you get the hellcat or sxt correct
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Back in the good ole days cars were so much more accessible. My 1st car out of rehab was a new 72 Ford LTD, 2 door, hardtop. It had a bench seat with vinyl upholstery, auto shift on column, very long doors allowing easy access to the back seat where I could easily stow my 50lb. E&J folder. As it stood on the ground the transfer from my chair was about even with my chair with a 4" foam cushion from the upholstery shop. I could easily slide across the bench seat with no obstructing console or floor shift. Today, if I had to give up my van I would be tempted to buy a high quality restoration of a 2 door Cadillac or Lincoln or something similar from that era that had a power seat and lots of amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    so you cant get anything but cloth unless you get the hellcat or sxt correct
    Pretty much...the leather/alcantara is alcantara center with leather bolsters which you can get in the R/T and Scat versions, but that is pretty much like cloth overall

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    Back in the good ole days cars were so much more accessible. My 1st car out of rehab was a new 72 Ford LTD, 2 door, hardtop. It had a bench seat with vinyl upholstery, auto shift on column, very long doors allowing easy access to the back seat where I could easily stow my 50lb. E&J folder. As it stood on the ground the transfer from my chair was about even with my chair with a 4" foam cushion from the upholstery shop. I could easily slide across the bench seat with no obstructing console or floor shift. Today, if I had to give up my van I would be tempted to buy a high quality restoration of a 2 door Cadillac or Lincoln or something similar from that era that had a power seat and lots of amenities.
    I agree...cars were CARS back then!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm assuming you use a folder because it was easier to get in and out of your car? Why not go to a rigid chair now? In my eyes it is much easier to deal with a rigid than a folding chair. I've never had a folder but, I sure wouldn't want one. Maybe borrow a rigid from someone or buy a cheap one on eBay and try it out. It'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    I'm assuming you use a folder because it was easier to get in and out of your car? Why not go to a rigid chair now? In my eyes it is much easier to deal with a rigid than a folding chair. I've never had a folder but, I sure wouldn't want one. Maybe borrow a rigid from someone or buy a cheap one on eBay and try it out. It'll change your life.
    If they made a car similar to the older cars I had, a nice folder like TiLite makes might make a lot of sense. I used to transfer to driver seat, slide sideways then fold split bench back of front seat and lift front wheels of folded chair into well of back seat, a fairly easy pull would bounce rear wheels into the well of rear seat. The cars were so big that even though I am 6 feet 2" I was able to leave the chair behind the driver seat and push the seat backward as needed for comfortable driving. Transferring, then dismantling a rigid chair,removing and stowing the wheels, then lifting the frame onto the passenger seat seems like a lot of unneeded shoulder stress. Doing this in rain and snow seems insane, especially if you then have to show up in a workplace in presentable fashion.

My favorite vintage I owned was a '66 Lincoln Continental convertible with suicide rear doors. Was. so easy to transfer into with its 'wide doors and ease to pull the chair in the rear with the suicide doors. Was 18 1/2 feet long. Had three miles of wiring with many headaches running down a short. Got 6 miles to the gallon, if that.Lol

Another was a '64 Chevy Nova 2 door with beefed up 327 twin 4 barrel carbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 03-02-2019 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    My favorite vintage I owned was a '66 Lincoln Continental convertible with suicide rear doors. Was. so easy to transfer into with its 'wide doors and ease to pull the chair in the rear with the suicide doors. Was 18 1/2 feet long. Had three miles of wiring with many headaches running down a short. Got 6 miles to the gallon, if that.Lol

Another was a '64 Chevy Nova 2 door with beefed up 327 twin 4 barrel carbs.
    The Lincoln Continental with suicide doors, my dream gimp car.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Oh man, that is like THE coolest car of the 60's. And the one you had is definitely a beauty

Yep was a beaut and sure miss it still. Would have liked to find an early Nova convertible and throw in a big block.