Thread: Petition for ADA/Access Board on hotel accessibility

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Here you go.

APOORVA GANDHI
    Vice President, Multicultural Affairs | Marriott International
    phone: 301-380-4209 | mobile: 301-318-6606
    address: 10400 Fernwood Rd. | Bethesda, MD 20817
    Email: apoorva.gandhi@marriott.com

I think its important when emailing to reach out to the right people. Always use email vs calling so you have a digital copy of what was said vs he said she said.

Its also important to email the right people.

Hack in your case VP of Multicultural Affairs is going to be a person that oversees diversity a good VP or any leadership will always forward ones email to the right person!

Try this one next time he doesn't answer but the response from the right party for me is always same day!!!

Arne M. Sorenson]
    Chief Executive Officer of Marriott International

Arne.Sorenson@marriott.com

Try this one too..

Andrew M. Skillman
    Corporate Liaison
    Office of Consumer Affairs
    Marriott International, Inc.

Andrew.Skillman@Marriott.Com

Thanks RollPositive, for these contacts. I also really like Wes4dbt's idea for a sticky for us to add hotels with low/adjustable height beds and ones without platforms. This would be so practical and helpful. Wrote to the moderators, Mike C and Wise Young.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitzbub View Post
    Thanks RollPositive, for these contacts. I also really like Wes4dbt's idea for a sticky for us to add hotels with low/adjustable height beds and ones without platforms. This would be so practical and helpful. Wrote to the moderators, Mike C and Wise Young.
    I looked at MikeC's profile page. It appears that he hasn't been on this site since 08-20-2012. He is not an active moderator. You may want to write Jim, the administrator or KLD, one of the SCI nurses with your request for a sticky.

Very welcome!!

The only thing bad about a sticky is nothing changes faster then hotel chairs they are bought and sold and remodeled all the time.

So what someone stayed at last year may be sold to another brand this year.

Also people may not know most of the major hotels are under just a few brands.

Marriott, Intercontinental hotels group, Hilton etc.

If they come up with a sticky just make sure and confirm nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Omni Hotel in Los Angeles
    We stayed at that hotel once a few years ago for an event at Staples center/Convention Center.

The $52 parking charge per night was a surprise, even though we flew in to Burbank a friend and his wife drove. Once sunset the area got pretty sketchy walking from just the Grand Central Market.

Great during the week with business foot traffic really empty on weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    We stayed at that hotel once a few years ago for an event at Staples center/Convention Center.

The $52 parking charge per night was a surprise, even though we flew in to Burbank a friend and his wife drove. Once sunset the area got pretty sketchy walking from just the Grand Central Market.

Great during the week with business foot traffic really empty on weekend.
    Yeah thanks RP. I lived near and worked in downtown Los Angeles for 12 years, know the area pretty well. Omni Hotel to Staples Center is nearly 2 miles. If your reason for the trip is an event at Staples Center, you are better off choosing to stay at the JW Marriott, Ritz Carlton, or Renaissance at LA Live (room rates more or less in the same price range as the Omni). Staples Center and immediate surrounds, anything from roughly Pico to 7th/8th and Figueroa to the Freeway is indeed sketchy.

The Grand Market is touristy and in that immediate area, you've got that element of people who prey on tourists at the market. Grand Market is about 10 minutes away and not on our agenda.

We will be in Los Angeles entertaining friends at dinner to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and then we plan on taking in The Broad, which is just a couple minutes walk away from the Omni. We've stayed at the Omni our last couple trips to Los Angeles. Did all my homework and am aware of the parking fee. It is pretty much in line with parking at nearby hotels and not a surprise. It is valet parking with unlimited in and out privileges. You have to factor that in as part of the room rate. You know..just roll with it.

But thanks for your concern.
    Last edited by gjnl; 04-09-2019 at 12:19 AM.

[APOORVA GANDHI
    Vice President, Multicultural Affairs | Marriott International
    phone: 301-380-4209 | mobile: 301-318-6606
    address: 10400 Fernwood Rd. | Bethesda, MD 20817
    Email: apoorva.gandhi@marriott.com[/QUOTE]

In an email, Mr. Gandhi welcomed my message about platform beds and said he forwarded it to their room design team. h/t to Hacknsack44

[In an email, Mr. Gandhi welcomed my message about platform beds and said he forwarded it to their room design team. h/t to Hacknsack44
    Awesome! Thanks to landover for reaching out to Mr. Gandhi and passing his information on. Everyone should reach out to him and express your concerns.