Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Petition for ADA/Access Board on hotel accessibility

  1. #21
    Senior Member landrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    1,066
    It's clear that everyone has different needs regarding bed heights/clearances. The most sensible solution (in my simple mind anyway) is to have a height adjustable bed with clearance in the ADA rooms.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitzbub View Post
    This is exactly the kind of thing I've got in mind. Would you mind sharing this person's contact info so that we can chime in? It's exciting to learn that others are dealing with the same issue, because we have been banging our heads against the wall for years about this.
    Here you go.

    APOORVA GANDHI
    Vice President, Multicultural Affairs | Marriott International
    phone: 301-380-4209 | mobile: 301-318-6606
    address: 10400 Fernwood Rd. | Bethesda, MD 20817
    Email: apoorva.gandhi@marriott.com

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    We made reservations at a hotel in Los Angeles for May. As part of the reservation process, we spoke with a Rooms Manager about the height at the top of the mattress. We were surprised to learn that at this hotel, the bed height is adjustable! She asked what height we wanted and told us that it would be adjusted for us for our arrival. Pretty cool!
    What is the name of the hotel?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    What is the name of the hotel?
    Omni Hotel in Los Angeles

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Omni Hotel in Los Angeles
    Thanks!

  6. #26
    Senior Member landrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    1,066
    Interesting update: As HACK is aware, I had reached out to the CEO of Marriott in June 2018 to voice my displeasure re: the inability of 2 of the hotels I was researching to have beds that would accommodate a lift. I was told that not only were the beds platform, but even with enough notice, accommodations could not be made. That is what motivated my initial email. Within days I received emails from both hotels that modifications would be possible. In my email I raised the issue of platform style beds with the use of lifts. I followed up over the weekend again, requesting that these concerns be reviewed, as well as the issue with bed height. I received an email response this morning, asking if I was available to speak with the Chief Global Officer, Global Operations, and an individual in Global Design. I had an opportunity to share my personal experiences, and shared those of other's I am familiar. They shared the research and steps that they have already taken, and plan to implement. I was not able to take it down, but in a nutshell, bed height, clearance, floor material, grab bars at beds, assistive technology, automatic door access, and bathroom accessibility were all areas of research that they intend to implement. I apologize, they did share the range of bed heights they had researched, but they noted a 7 inch clearance as being the intended standard. I was very impressed and encouraged at the direction Marriott is going in regard to addressing these needs.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Interesting update: As HACK is aware, I had reached out to the CEO of Marriott in June 2018 to voice my displeasure re: the inability of 2 of the hotels I was researching to have beds that would accommodate a lift. I was told that not only were the beds platform, but even with enough notice, accommodations could not be made. That is what motivated my initial email. Within days I received emails from both hotels that modifications would be possible. In my email I raised the issue of platform style beds with the use of lifts. I followed up over the weekend again, requesting that these concerns be reviewed, as well as the issue with bed height. I received an email response this morning, asking if I was available to speak with the Chief Global Officer, Global Operations, and an individual in Global Design. I had an opportunity to share my personal experiences, and shared those of other's I am familiar. They shared the research and steps that they have already taken, and plan to implement. I was not able to take it down, but in a nutshell, bed height, clearance, floor material, grab bars at beds, assistive technology, automatic door access, and bathroom accessibility were all areas of research that they intend to implement. I apologize, they did share the range of bed heights they had researched, but they noted a 7 inch clearance as being the intended standard. I was very impressed and encouraged at the direction Marriott is going in regard to addressing these needs.
    That is awesome! Hopefully they will follow through with it. It would make traveling so much easier for us.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Interesting update: As HACK is aware, I had reached out to the CEO of Marriott in June 2018 to voice my displeasure re: the inability of 2 of the hotels I was researching to have beds that would accommodate a lift. I was told that not only were the beds platform, but even with enough notice, accommodations could not be made. That is what motivated my initial email. Within days I received emails from both hotels that modifications would be possible. In my email I raised the issue of platform style beds with the use of lifts. I followed up over the weekend again, requesting that these concerns be reviewed, as well as the issue with bed height. I received an email response this morning, asking if I was available to speak with the Chief Global Officer, Global Operations, and an individual in Global Design. I had an opportunity to share my personal experiences, and shared those of other's I am familiar. They shared the research and steps that they have already taken, and plan to implement. I was not able to take it down, but in a nutshell, bed height, clearance, floor material, grab bars at beds, assistive technology, automatic door access, and bathroom accessibility were all areas of research that they intend to implement. I apologize, they did share the range of bed heights they had researched, but they noted a 7 inch clearance as being the intended standard. I was very impressed and encouraged at the direction Marriott is going in regard to addressing these needs.
    Good work "Landrover."

    But, I can't help making the point...How long have these standards for hotels been available? When were hotel companies supposed to be in compliance with these standards? "Research!" Making hotel rooms accessible is not as complex as healing spinal cord injuries. The standards are clear and readily available to be used and implemented by hotel management and designers.

    Let us know if you hear anything more.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Good work "Landrover."

    But, I can't help making the point...How long have these standards for hotels been available? When were hotel companies supposed to be in compliance with these standards? "Research!" Making hotel rooms accessible is not as complex as healing spinal cord injuries. The standards are clear and readily available to be used and implemented by hotel management and designers.

    Let us know if you hear anything more.
    That is the problem! There are no standards for the beds being high enough for a hoyer lift to go underneath it. California has its own standards when it comes to that.
    Last edited by HACKNSACK44; 04-01-2019 at 03:36 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    That is the problem! There are no standards for the bed being high enough for a hoyer lift to go underneath it. California has its own standards when it comes to that.
    The people "Landrover" spoke with at Marriott addressed much more than accommodating a personal lift device. I was referring to these comments in "Landrover's" post.

    Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I received an email response this morning, asking if I was available to speak with the Chief Global Officer, Global Operations, and an individual in Global Design. I had an opportunity to share my personal experiences, and shared those of other's I am familiar. They shared the research and steps that they have already taken, and plan to implement. I was not able to take it down, but in a nutshell, bed height, clearance, floor material, grab bars at beds, assistive technology, automatic door access, and bathroom accessibility were all areas of research that they intend to implement.
    In that the Marriott group of hotels has many hotels in the State of California, I would assume while they were doing "research" about accessibility standards, they would have become aware that the personal lift standards need to be met at their properties in California, currently. If they are researching purchasing beds that meet floor to mattress top heights, it seems it would be a good idea to factor in personal lift standards that most likely will be required elsewhere. But, that kind of forward thinking is greatly lacking in major corporations.

    I can personally respond that in searching for hotels in and around downtown Los Angeles, I did not find one Marriott branded or Marriott owned chain (i.e., Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard, AC by Marriott etc.) properties that met the floor to mattress top standard or the personal lift access standard.
    Last edited by gjnl; 04-01-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Help us to save Access to MacWheelers Gym - Please sign Petition
    By comad in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 11:04 PM
  2. "Wheelchair Access On Commercial Airlines" petition
    By nirva in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2014, 09:40 PM
  3. Toronto Canada Travel: Access & Accessibility, A-Z
    By wheelchair traveler in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 05:18 PM
  4. Equal access accessibility
    By Cowboys_Place in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 10:24 PM
  5. Hotel policy change after access row
    By antiquity in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2002, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •