Thread: compression socks custom made or store bought were dou get them

compression socks custom made or store bought were dou get them

ive benn getting measured every couple years for the compression socks my guy doesnt do them any more can i just buy some off the shelfive seen them at walmart and my pharmacy carries mediven
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Make sure the MmHg (milliliters of Mercury) isn’t too high a number at the toes or opposite at the top of the sock. You’ll definitely get a pressure ulcer.

Remember not all compression wear are made the same nor for same purpose. If in doubt ask your doctor.
    Remember to do your measurements early morning before up in chair very long. IMHO: If you can hold pressure on foot to floor can help with getting best numbers.
    Since you been measured before you know measure ankle, calf and length you wanting(I use below knee).
    Like already posted be sure of pressure you are needing, if unsure ask your doctor. Mine is Medical Weight with compression of 20-30mmHg as preventive, if have a active ulcer my doc has bumped to 30-40mmHg.
    I usually buy Truform because that is brand my doctor had me get at pharmacy. BTW: Insurance only covered mine back then when had active ulcer.
    Walmart here has Truform as well as another brand or two. I've also bought some Ames Walker off their website in past which they seemed to be as good as the Truform.
    "Good Luck!"

my doctor wrote the scrip for 25 mmhg so i guess 20-30 would do me ive used jobst knee high since 2001 im just trying to get different options so i dont have to drive 40 minutes to get them maybe ill try the truform at walmart i wish my guy here in town didnt stop doing the socks

I don't know the precise pressure rating of the compression socks I wear but it takes a team of 10 to put them on. Been wearing them for years and never even a hint of a pressure sore.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I don't know the precise pressure rating of the compression socks I wear but it takes a team of 10 to put them on. Been wearing them for years and never even a hint of a pressure sore.

what brand are they did you get measured for them or just buy them at a store mine are measured and made they even have a thing on the foot kinda were top of foot bends theres a thing sewn in to help keep seems from forming there i think is why its there i dont remember what he told me years ago and yes there a bear gettin on and off

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    what brand are they did you get measured for them or just buy them at a store mine are measured and made they even have a thing on the foot kinda were top of foot bends theres a thing sewn in to help keep seems from forming there i think is why its there i dont remember what he told me years ago and yes there a bear gettin on and off
    Been wearing them many years. First doctor told me to use ace wrap til ulcer improved on lower leg. Then graduated compression 30-40mmHg below knee.
    Had hard time getting due to amount of swelling, calf was right at 24". Pharmacy or DME didn't have in stock so they ordered them and came in Trufrom boxes marked size 3X. Over time as swelling dropped and powered leg rests and tilt seating down to size Medium with calf down to 14 1/2".
    Over the years doctors decreased compression level to 20-30mmHg. At times they increase back up to treat/prevent ulcer developing or getting worst.
    Those things still ain't easy to get on and with no sensation, fragile skin and poor circulation afraid to use them 'applicator' things to help get them on. So just do best can getting them on straight with heel in right place the first time!

**Curious, I saw where you can get them now that have a zipper on compression stocking with a liner made for wearing with ulcer. Anyone ever tried these? Think Jobst make some?
    Last edited by MikeP2013; 02-23-2019 at 10:27 PM.