Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switched to duette catheter and have a lot of sediment

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    If you have a lot of "sand" (tiny stones) in your bladder (which you can distinguish from other sediment by rubbing the material between gloved fingers), and cannot get it cleared with irrigation, you may need to have a good bladder washout done under cystoscopy. Consult with your urologist.

(KLD)
    I literally just had botox injections done 2 weeks ago and I had 0 stones. Something between then and now happened. Not sure if it's possible to happen that quick, but I didnt see the sediment start happening until a few days after, and I was taking keflex as well.

Also I irrigate with a water and vinegar. One gallon of distilled with 1 tea spoon of vinegar. insert about 40cc into my bladder wait a few minutes and suck it out. And Barely anything comes out. It's pretty much stuck in the catheter
    Last edited by yiannit; 02-22-2019 at 10:14 PM.

I haven't used the Duette catheter, but I have discovered in the last year that my bladder is sensitive to catheter types. I had been injured for over 10 years and had very little issue with a clogging catheter, then suddenly it was clogging after 10-15 days regularly.

When I switched to a low friction catheter, there was an immediate difference. I use the Bard Lubricath, but maybe there are others. Since Duette is new, I don't imagine that they have a low friction option?

Quote Originally Posted by EyesOfTexas View Post
    I haven't used the Duette catheter, but I have discovered in the last year that my bladder is sensitive to catheter types. I had been injured for over 10 years and had very little issue with a clogging catheter, then suddenly it was clogging after 10-15 days regularly.

When I switched to a low friction catheter, there was an immediate difference. I use the Bard Lubricath, but maybe there are others. Since Duette is new, I don't imagine that they have a low friction option?
    Hmm what do you mean with a low friction? My doctors assistant prescribed me Cipro .I'm hoping that that gets rid ofthe sediment.If not thenI might have to go back to my other catheters

Different people react differently to the materials that products are made of. I would encourage you to stay the course for now and if no improvement with the Cipro and a lot of fluids, switch back and see if that makes a difference.

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.