Thread: Permobil Armrest Pad Replacements

Permobil Armrest Pad Replacements

Any suggestions about where to buy new 13 inch Permobil m300 armrest pad replacements? I know these pads are priced like they are made of gold, so if you know of a supply house that has a good price, I'd like to hear about them.

Alternatively, has anyone done a repair on this type of armrest pad that works?

The longer piece of welting (in the oval) lifts off the pad for about 2 inches, and snags on clothing. What would be a good glue to hold it down so it doesn't break any further?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I found several Permobil armrests (both new and used) on eBay just now, you might want to check that out.

To repair that armrest you have, I would first secure that area with Superglue gel, then consider covering the sharp area with a piece of Sugru
    https://sugru.com

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I found several Permobil armrests (both new and used) on eBay just now, you might want to check that out.

To repair that armrest you have, I would first secure that area with Superglue gel, then consider covering the sharp area with a piece of Sugru
    https://sugru.com

(KLD)
    Thank you.

I have seen Sugru before, but didn't think of it for this because the rest of the welting isn't flexible, but that may not be an issue after all.

I have the same pads . They are Junk ! I put a small pair of shin guards on top of them . Works Great .

When that happened to my armrests, I went to numotion and they replaced that bottom plastic part for free. The pad and the bottom plastic retainer pop apart. I was a little amazed and impressed since numotion is usually a hellscape-on-earth.

Wow! Getting anything out of Numotion rare. I've been waiting 2 months for batteries for my Permobil.
    4xquad

Blog Entries
    have a F3 Permobile and had the same problem - i super glued it, worked for a while but then got loose and broke off.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Any suggestions about where to buy new 13 inch Permobil m300 armrest pad replacements? I know these pads are priced like they are made of gold, so if you know of a supply house that has a good price, I'd like to hear about them.

Alternatively, has anyone done a repair on this type of armrest pad that works?

The longer piece of welting (in the oval) lifts off the pad for about 2 inches, and snags on clothing. What would be a good glue to hold it down so it doesn't break any further?

Thanks

To bad you didnt come down to LA last weekend for Expo could have gotten them free through Permobil.

Why buy used off ebay just order them through your DME and with a rx your cost though Medicare is about $20...

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    To bad you didnt come down to LA last weekend for Expo could have gotten them free through Permobil.

Why buy used off ebay just order them through your DME and with a rx your cost though Medicare is about $20....
    A trip to Los Angeles from San Francisco bay area for the Abilities Expo, an overnight and meals, makes those "free" armrests pretty expensive, just saying. Attended Expo in San Mateo in October, 2018. Gorilla tape is holding up very well and is nearly invisible. I may wait until Oct. 2019 for the next expo here.

Last edited by gjnl; 02-27-2019 at 07:59 PM.

The Corpus 3G arm rests are horrible. I parked my M300 @ 145 miles and went back to my 2006 C300. I am due for a new chair and will probably get an F3. NuMotion says any other arm rest is considered a "comfort item" and not covered by ins. I didn't even look at their arm rests options after hearing his passive/aggressive attitude reply.
    First hing I'll do;
    (A) remove arm rests, use as pattern to make arm rest plate, make cushion out of floor padding (softer/spongy type), glue vinyl on top.
    or
    (B) add floor padding on top of existing pad, glue vinyl on pad.