Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Income Taxes

Exactly right. Most people have their withholding messed up. They act like they are getting a gift from the government at the end of the year. Not good to withhold to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    Most people are mad they not getting as much back this year. You should not expect much back if you do your taxes right. Why would you want the IRS paying you with no interest? But if you owe them its a penalty plus interest. If people learned how to save they would not depend on getting much back.

It's somewhat disturbing that the average American cannot add up their increased paycheck amounts and combine that with their return to figure this crap out. Math is hard.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    It's somewhat disturbing that the average American cannot add up their increased paycheck amounts and combine that with their return to figure this crap out. Math is hard.
    But that would take all the fun away from tax season. I mean really, no big screen tv or new hooptie from Honest J's Kar Kredit Kingdom? So boring
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks to everyone for replies and ideas. I redid my taxes and things are acceptable. Somehow a small retirement withdrawal (which is acceptable/ no penalty because I’ve been determined disabled by SSA since breaking both legs in a fall a few years ago and having private LTD)
    It seemed to be more of TurboTax error which I’ll take the blame for apparently making a small mistake that took me down a road of capitol gains, etc. which thankfully was ultimately unecessary.
    Thanks for the IRWE’s recommendations Triumph. I would like to get back to work part time at some point if possible and I will keep in mind.

gjnl:
    Thanks - glad to see the information has greatly expended since I was working, and passage of ADA!
    It would be nice if there were similar deductions for disabled persons in retirement who use the same impairment-related equipment to function. Putting them under Medical is futile.
    (Sorry to hijack the original post).