Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's the Rollx conversion on Chrylser Pacifica

How's the Rollx conversion on Chrylser Pacifica

Been looking at vans. I don't want an in floor nor like the VMI dealership where I'd have to buy so they're out. Looked at Toyota Sienna with Braun fold out option; again the dealer is not honorable and traveling 100t miles for service is too far. Still waiting to see if I can get the service in Canada 28 miles from home. I doubt they'll go for it.

Am looking and talking with Rollx on a fold out conversion Chrysler Pacifica XLE. I like the idea I can buy a van on the open market and send to them for conversion or have the option of buying both from them. Does anyone have a Rollx conversion or have a Pacifica? Am interested in opinions.

Still open to Toyota Sienna with Braun fold out but don't think a deal can be worked out satisfactorily. Am driving a 2000 Chrysler Limitred VMI in floor presently.

Forum member "Domosoyo" posted on another thread that she had experienced a "major incident" with her Rollx conversion (she didn't say which make or model vehicle). She indicated she would post about it soon. See Buying a Wheelchair Accessible SUV: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...Accessible-SUV

Thanks GJ.! You are such a welcome help to the forum.

That was disturbing they had an incident with the Rollx. Will wait to hear what Domosoyo says. Looks like it might be back to the Pacifica wit Braun. course that leads to where can I buy and get it serviced. Surely not going to Seattle to buy and get worked on.

Maybe I'll just stick with my current van.

I like my old abused 2002 Rollx alot. Comparing these internet vehicles to the rest though is kind of ticklish. My investment is very low, so a total loss matters not, but a major structural repair might have to be done by Rollx. That would run into added excess money. That said the service support department at Rollx is stellar. They have been very responsive to my questions and had no issues selling me Rollx parts at reasonable prices together with verbal followup repair instructions. They even diagnosed a Dodge door closing issue I had for which I got a new factory part off Ebay. BTW, as an aside the 6 way seat bases in that Rollx are better than the new B&D ones in my Express van.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I have owned Rollx's(Caravan, Odyssey) for years. Wonderful vehicles with great support. I suppose anyone can have a bad experience as there are lemons with every company. I love I can get repairs wherever I am although have only had a couple service calls. I have not had the Pacifica but likely will get that for next vehicle. I do wish they were still doing Odyssey though. Best vehicle I have owned in 35 years of driving

pat, any dealer should be able to service the vehicle as long as they are a certified dealer, actually they have to if they are a certified dealer of the conversion. i had my van done at a different company than i have it serviced locally.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by miltongm09 View Post
    I have owned Rollx's(Caravan, Odyssey) for years. Wonderful vehicles with great support. I suppose anyone can have a bad experience as there are lemons with every company. I love I can get repairs wherever I am although have only had a couple service calls. I have not had the Pacifica but likely will get that for next vehicle. I do wish they were still doing Odyssey though. Best vehicle I have owned in 35 years of driving
    Would you please explain the process of a service call? It seems to me I read a trained Rollx tech shows up, really?. I love my Rollx, I just wish it had 100k less miles on it so it would be reliable for long trips.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

If there is a local service center they are the first option, but in some states they don't exist. I had a problem once in Florida and they sent a regional tech to repair the problem. I just called the Rollx office and spoke with someone in service who troubleshooted than dispatched a tech once he knew it was necessary.

I understand that John thanks. My question is dealing with a dealer based in Canada and I in the US. Even Braun is having difficulties answering the question. Automotive Innovations made a good suggestion to just pay for the services needed in Canada. My insurance has paid for work done there on my present van so perhaps they'll do the same if I buy another van. But warranty issues is a different matter.

It's tough making a decision on which company to go with. All seem to have challenges with conversion reliability of some sort.

gotcha. jim(auto innovations) is a great resource, guy has been in the mobility biz forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I understand that John thanks. My question is dealing with a dealer based in Canada and I in the US. Even Braun is having difficulties answering the question. Automotive Innovations made a good suggestion to just pay for the services needed in Canada. My insurance has paid for work done there on my present van so perhaps they'll do the same if I buy another van. But warranty issues is a different matter.

It's tough making a decision on which company to go with. All seem to have challenges with conversion reliability of some sort.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer