Thread: car cushions

car cushions

Anyone used either one of these in a car? I sit on my 2inch roho now but it puts my head against the ceiling.

https://www.pressuresorecushions.com...ho-ltv-cushion

https://www.pressuresorecushions.com/collections/roho-cushions/products/roho-airlite-cushion

thanks

You should be able to adjust your Low Profile cushion, to reduce your seated height while in the car. Once adjusted, you should only be adding about 1/2" to your seated height. As for the other products, the AirLite is not a good option for the car. You would likely increase your seated height. The LTV is a good option, and does have a lower profile than your current ROHO cushion. This cushion is frequently used as a car seat.

Before you buy something new, try taking air out of your Low Profile cushion to see if that solves your problem with sitting too high.

Good luck!

Tom

I use the LTV for rides longer than around 20 minutes. I like it.

what would the LTV do that the 2'' ROHO wouldn't? I use a 2'' ROHO without hardly any air in it, which is how it works the best..the LTV looks just as high in height..

Hi airart1, You are good-to-go with using the ROHO Low Profile and sounds like you have the adjustment dialed-in for how it works best for you. The Low Profile cushion works well for the car seat application being discussed in this thread. The LTV Cushion is just another good option for this application and I know a number of people who use this cushion in the car. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by airart1 View Post
    what would the LTV do that the 2'' ROHO wouldn't? I use a 2'' ROHO without hardly any air in it, which is how it works the best..the LTV looks just as high in height..

how much air are you taking out if i use mine in car as instructed with proper inflation my head hits the roof
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I'm like wheelin 48. And if I lower the air in my Roho my back hurts like a #O(UT

The following option will not work for everyone - indeed, no such cushion product exists at this time - but at least one wheeler in Canada uses a modified Stimulite cushion that he places atop his automobile seat. In his case, the modification entails removing the bottom firmer layer(s) of a Stimulite cushion (e.g., the Stimulite Classic) and using the softer top layer as his automobile cushion. Incidentally, he also drives a beautifully restored Chevelle.
    Supracor - the manufacturer of Stimulite cushions - makes a cushion called SupraSeat (you can see it here) that is made for just such uses.

Name:  514A5697.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  134.4 KB