Thread: Water bottles

Water bottles

I drink water through a straw, which contributes I believe to my excessive bloating. Are there any types of water bottles that help cut down on taking in too much air?

I would think that using a straw would be a good way to prevent air swallowing if you keep the tip submerged and close your lips tight around the sucking end.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55+yrs View Post
    I would think that using a straw would be a good way to prevent air swallowing if you keep the tip submerged and close your lips tight around the sucking end.
    One would think, but here is what an article on gas and bloating says: https://www.everydayhealth.com/diges...d-feeling.aspx

• Don’t use a straw. Each sip draws air (from the upper part of the straw) into your mouth which is swallowed. This creates the same problem as eating quickly.

Guess a lot of air would get into your stomach over the course of drinking a tall iced tea.

I can sip continuously from a straw without letting the air get in. I do not think I am an exceptional straw sipper.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55+yrs View Post
    I can sip continuously from a straw without letting the air get in. I do not think I am an exceptional straw sipper.
    I'm think the quote from Everyday Health, my post 3, is talking more about sipping a drink with a meal. You don't tend to gulp a beverage with a meal as you might just trying to get a good long drink of water.

I think you can find such bottles in the specialized stores. As for me, drinking with straw or from the special sport header on a bottle.