Thread: Suprapubic cath with double tip for better drainage?

Suprapubic cath with double tip for better drainage?

Hi,

Recently I?m experiencing trouble with my cath. It?s getting blocked sometimes by stuff in my bladder. Could be small fragments of a piece of kidney stone which is desintegrating because of a special tea I drink. I once found a cath which looked like a 2-headed snake
    cant remember which brand however.

anybody knows?

thanks a lot
    Ferdy

Have seen these types of indwelling foley catheters and the Poiesis Duette (has two balloons and drainage eyelets between the balloons) indwelling foley catheters. (see links below) They don't have double tips inside the bladder. I can only image the nightmare it might be to try to insert a double tipped catheter into a urethra or a supra pubic stoma.

The most common type of indwelling foley catheters either for supra pubic or urethral use are double lumen (one for drainage and one for inflation of the balloon) and triple lumen (one for drainage, one for inflation of the balloon, and one for irrigation). There is also a foley catheter that has a sampling port for drawing a sterile sample from the catheter.

Perhaps you need to find out what might be causing the sediment or mucus, possibly a cystoscopy. You can learn techniques of irrigation of the catheter to unclog the eyelets and drainage lumen.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Make it and triple lumen are not for regular catheterization. Drink more water. I know it is co troversial but I would say 80% of those with indwelling catheters flush or irrigate daily or twice a day to keep it from clogging. The duette is a double ballon supposed to clog less and less UTI’s. The research seems to verify but I have heard issues with finding unless you ha e documented 3 Uti’s in a year. CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ferdy74 View Post
    Hi,

Recently I?m experiencing trouble with my cath. It?s getting blocked sometimes by stuff in my bladder. Could be small fragments of a piece of kidney stone which is desintegrating because of a special tea I drink. I once found a cath which looked like a 2-headed snake
    cant remember which brand however.

anybody knows?

thanks a lot
    Ferdy
    a special tea ? could you explain more please

Started drinking this tea for 1,5 years now after my last treatment of kidney stones. A small piece was remaining after treatment however. Every 6 months I have it checked by a scan and its slowly getting smaller and even broke into pieces.
    This is the tea I'm talking about: https://riohealth.co.uk/collections/...nt=39551117326

Quebra Pedra or chanca piedra is not well researched, but a few small studies have found that it may be helpful for calcium oxalate stones. I found no evidence of it being helpful for struvite stones. If you have a problem with recurrent stones, your urologist should have done a stone analysis to determine the type of stone that you have.

Here is some information from WebMD:
    Early research shows that taking chanca piedra by mouth for 3 months does not decrease the size or number of kidney stones in people prone to kidney stones. However, other research suggests that taking a specific product of chanca piedra (Uriston) by mouth for at least 3 months after undergoing shock wave therapy to break apart kidney stones helps the body get rid of kidney stones if they are located lower in the urinary tract.
    Also, regarding side effects and possible drug interactions:
    Chanca piedra might lower blood sugar levels. There is some concern that it might interfere with blood sugar control during and after surgery. Chanca piedra might also slow blood clotting and increase the risk of bleeding. Stop using chanca piedra at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery. It may have adverse interactions with anticoagulant drugs, oral anti-diabetic drugs, and lithium (often used for bipolar disorder).
    (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.