Thread: Freezing cold back!!

Freezing cold back!!

Over the last several years, my back always feels freezing cold and wet like I'm laying on a slab of ice. But it's always dry and warm to the touch. Does anyone else experience this sensation? No matter what I try to alleviate the symptom, it does not go away. I've laid on heating blankets and pieces of wool, but it does not stop the feeling.

Not with my back, but I get a similar cold sensation with my feet at night. And with my right hand (which does have sensation) often day and night. Neither feels cold to the touch.

Thanks for your response! Do you take Coumadin or any blood thinners? Mine seem to have started when I went on. But it has gotten extremely worse the past few months.

No blood thinners. My right hand has had this issue since injury, 8+ years. The feeling of cold feet has worsened in the past few years. Even though they are not cold to the touch, I think it is related to actually being cold. It only happens in the winter when we keep the overnight interior temperature much cooler than in the summer.

I get the cold feeling in my back when my feet are cold or in stress. A form of AD I guess. I'll warm my feet or check my shoes, sox, etc and get it to stop.