Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London, luggage

London, luggage

Hi, I'll be traveling to London and Paris late May. Typically we try to limit our luggage to carry-ons (usually try to ship medical supplies directly to the hotel), but for this trip I plan to travel with my lift (Molift 150 with hard travel case), for better or worse. As it's a bit cumbersome to pull and fit on public transit, I've begun looking at luggage delivery services from LHR to our hotel upon arrival, and then from London to Paris when we travel by Eurostar. I see Eurostar has a luggage delivery service (First Luggage) that will deliver door to door for about $150-200. Anyone familiar with this service? I've used a delivery service in the US before, and it worked well.

I haven't used this service, but I'm looking into luggage delivery this as well for an upcoming trip. I noticed that UPS now has a luggage delivery option (here). Has anyone tried this?

I have located the service AirPortr that will deliver from LHR to the hotel. The reviews seem good.

Edit: I booked this service. It was $51 for 2 bags.

I did briefly research renting a lift rather than taking mine. I figured the cost of the delivery services might cancel out the cost of renting a lift, but that does not appear so. One site in London actually offered rental of a Molift 150, but it was a minimum 10 day rental of $400+. I would still need to rent one in Paris as well.
    Last edited by landrover; 02-08-2019 at 05:11 PM.

For future reference, several hotels in London (and around the UK) have rooms with ceiling mounted hoists (not so sure about Paris as access is still quite poor there).

If visiting Paris, be sure to check out: http://www.accessinparis.org/accommodation/
    Last edited by sarcastrix; 02-11-2019 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarcastrix View Post
    For future reference, several hotels in London (and around the UK) have rooms with ceiling mounted hoists (not so sure about Paris as access is still quite poor there).

If visiting Paris, be sure to check out: http://www.accessinparis.org/accommodation/
    That is awesome! When we stayed in Vegas it made traveling so much easier not having to haul the lift around.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Hi, I'll be traveling to London and Paris late May. Typically we try to limit our luggage to carry-ons (usually try to ship medical supplies directly to the hotel), but for this trip I plan to travel with my lift (Molift 150 with hard travel case), for better or worse. As it's a bit cumbersome to pull and fit on public transit, I've begun looking at luggage delivery services from LHR to our hotel upon arrival, and then from London to Paris when we travel by Eurostar. I see Eurostar has a luggage delivery service (First Luggage) that will deliver door to door for about $150-200. Anyone familiar with this service? I've used a delivery service in the US before, and it worked well.

Have you looked at renting a lift vs taking yours?

I researched it a bit before to see if it made $$ sense to do luggage delivery vs. lift rental. I found a rental service, https://www.mobilityequipmenthiredir...ondon-england/ that services London and Paris. They have minimal rental requirements, so for London it would be $195, and for Paris, $152. Unfortunately they charge an additional $206 to deliver to Paris. So it's $553 vs ~$200 for luggage delivery.
    Last edited by landrover; 02-15-2019 at 05:49 PM.

I read some bad reviews on this particular company.

Book one of the many hotels with a built hoist in London, then rent Paris is another option: louer un l?ve-personnes

My hotels are booked, so I will not be switching at this time. Does anyone know of rental companies in London and Paris? I came across one that covers both, Mobility Equipment Hire Direct, but their reviews are dreadful.