Thread: Nuprodx 3000tx drop rail location.

Nuprodx 3000tx drop rail location.

OK, since i will soon be doing some traveling, I decided to buy this foldable commode chair since I have had issues where my traveling clamp-on raised seat doesn't always securely fit the toilet rim at a hotel. The 3000tx can also be raised for the dumb bathrooms with the high toilets (good thing I got the elevator option for my wheelchair, which already saved me at one hotel with beds that were 35 inches high). I figured the 3000tx can also serve as a shower seat when the hotel ones aren't ideally located. And, it can serve as a portable commode when I don't have an accessible toilet, using a chux to catch (I used this method with a makeshift commode while road-tripping across the country in my van 20+ years ago). I usually lean way over, either leaning against a wall, or against my opposite hand on the wheelchair cane, so I thought the standard configuration would be OK. However, now I think I should just make life easy and get the drop rail. I lean to the right and use my right hand slid into the dildo thing.

So, my questions are: When ordering, do I want the drop rail to the right or the front. Like, if you order right, do they rotate the seat so the opening is to the right as well? Or, do they just put the drop rail on the right and the opening in front? And, after you receive it, is it easy to change the orientation? Can you just remove the seat from the frame and rotate it? And, someone mentioned for Europe, that I should get the offset legs. If I have those, can I easily switch back to standard width if the space requires? And, I assume the transfer attachment, which is for tubs, can be removed for showers and if you don't ned the attachment in a shower, then you don't need to order the shower leg set. Can anyone provide a reason why I might need the transfer attachment and legs in a shower (I do good independent transfers w/o a board)?

Does anyone have another option besides the 3000tx that is this versatile that they can attest to being preferred over the 3000tx? The easiest, lightest, most compact, most stable, trumps any issues with price.
    C-6/7 incomplete

When you say ?drop rail? I assume you mean the B1 Drop Rail? My husband has a MC4020 ? with the standard 17?x17? seat dimensions and a Drop Rail. On his chair we are able to change the location from the side to the front or back by rotating the seat frame. The actual seat snaps on to of that. Of course, this would be a bit awkward if you had non-square seat dimensions.

One of the things I really like about the design for the Multichair is that it is kind of like an Erector Set (a.k.a. Meccano outside the US) if you are old enough to know what those are. That means that many parts can be swapped to make different configurations. I don?t know of any shower/commode chairs with the versatility of the Multichair. We bought spare parts to configure the chair to be used as a 3000, 4000, 4200 or 4020.

My husband uses it as his every day shower/commode chair and also while traveling. We live in Europe and have a behind the wall cistern on the toilet, which is quite common, also at hotels) and it fits fine. Also the bowls in Europe are wider than the US, and it fits fine over them. We have had it about a year and has made a big difference in our ability to travel without having to always have a roll-in shower. We have tried 4 others in the past and they all had limitations. So far, no problems with the Multichair, which although expensive, well worth the price.

I?m still playing with different configurations and trying to find ways to optimize it. For example, for home use we have the T-back, which works great, but for traveling I may get the setup for the cloth back to make it more transportable. I?m also planning to mount an extra seat frame to our boat bench and attach the top so my husband has a more comfortable place to sit.

Feel free to ask any other questions if I can help. Bruce at Nuprodx is also great at brainstorming about various configurations, and I would recommend floating this past him while ordering just to be sure.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    When you say ?drop rail? I assume you mean the B1 Drop Rail? My husband has a MC4020 ? with the standard 17?x17? seat dimensions and a Drop Rail. On his chair we are able to change the location from the side to the front or back by rotating the seat frame. The actual seat snaps on to of that. Of course, this would be a bit awkward if you had non-square seat dimensions.

One of the things I really like about the design for the Multichair is that it is kind of like an Erector Set (a.k.a. Meccano outside the US) if you are old enough to know what those are. That means that many parts can be swapped to make different configurations. I don?t know of any shower/commode chairs with the versatility of the Multichair. We bought spare parts to configure the chair to be used as a 3000, 4000, 4200 or 4020.

My husband uses it as his every day shower/commode chair and also while traveling. We live in Europe and have a behind the wall cistern on the toilet, which is quite common, also at hotels) and it fits fine. Also the bowls in Europe are wider than the US, and it fits fine over them. We have had it about a year and has made a big difference in our ability to travel without having to always have a roll-in shower. We have tried 4 others in the past and they all had limitations. So far, no problems with the Multichair, which although expensive, well worth the price.

I?m still playing with different configurations and trying to find ways to optimize it. For example, for home use we have the T-back, which works great, but for traveling I may get the setup for the cloth back to make it more transportable. I?m also planning to mount an extra seat frame to our boat bench and attach the top so my husband has a more comfortable place to sit.

Feel free to ask any other questions if I can help. Bruce at Nuprodx is also great at brainstorming about various configurations, and I would recommend floating this past him while ordering just to be sure.
    Thanks
    C-6/7 incomplete