Thread: Saltwater Flush

Saltwater Flush

23yrs C5/6 incomplete, use magic bullet, diet could be, much better, drink a good amount of water daily.

I keep getting constipated, UGH.

Tried this- https://www.healthline.com/health/salt-water-flush
    4 cups of warm water with 2 teaspoons of salt. Drank in about 10 minutes,YUCK.
    About 40 minutes later, went a ton, very watery.

Is this safe?

Need to reset, what should be my foundation diet wise? (Tough to keep fresh greens). Any additives? Should I stick with the magic bullet?

Thanks!

Well I think the warm water with or without salt was key to your clean out
    you drank a home made version of something similar to mag citrate - used for bowel preps before colonoscopies

yes reset is good - fresh vegetables and fruits -whole foods- stay away from processed meats,cheeses
    Stick with eggs chicken fish lean beef or pork

buy small amounts of veg/fruit eat 5 servings per day

magic bullet is fine if it gives you results

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Changing diet is one of the most difficult challenges for humans. I go at it slowly. All added sugar will slow digestion. I use a product called Super Cleanse put out by Nature's Secret. The main ingredient is Cascara Sagrada. It is "not meant" for regular use, but neither is SCI. When my diet is consistently good I use no more than 1/2 tablet/day. It loosens stool and the magic bullet gets it all moving. The only time recently my program did not work for me was after a brownie binge.

Working at dietary improvement pays a lot of benefits. Using added salt is hard on kidneys, so the flush you tried would not be a good option for regular use.

Constipation makes my life miserable when it happens. My body reacts with major pain and stiffness. My injury level is similar to yours, Jim.

Very moist oatmeal with raisins and walnuts and I'm running better than Amtrac.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Steel cut oatmeal is an excellent source of fiber. Though it is slow cooking I make a large batch and keep it in the fridge, reheating a portion every morning and adding chopped up prunes and apple.