Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help guys Permobil F5 Joystick Knob

Help guys Permobil F5 Joystick Knob

Hi Everyone,

I am trying not to, but I am low key freaking out.

The knob on my joystick fell off and I can't find it..

I know the last time I had the chair looked at, I was told something about the fact that at some point the tech was going to take the joystick apart as the pieces were backward...?

I have a Permobil F5 and have attached a picture of what the joystick looks like..

Do I just need a new knob thing? Is this as bad as I think it is ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It looks like the same kind of knob mine came with. I replaced mine with a T shaped handle. I would say that you're okay, you'll just have a little trouble controlling it if you don't have hand use. The set screw must have come loose from your knob. No problem other than the loss of the knob.

Those things come off sometimes. If you find might try placing back on with good adhesive that don't run when applied to vertical object. But, if your DME was planning on working on it I'd let them know before glued anything on.

Scott C4/5, I like that Mushroom knob on your link to ECommerce!

I believe the diameter of the stem is 1/4" so even a piece of wood drilled that size would work if you're having trouble operating the joystick.

My son had used a car shifter knob.I had an 8 ball for awhile. An auto part store could help you. I also had a simple wood one. A hole drilled into a wood dowel

i have a golf ball with a hole drilled in it. try one they work great and are grippy lol

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Those things come off sometimes. If you find might try placing back on with good adhesive that don't run when applied to vertical object. But, if your DME was planning on working on it I'd let them know before glued anything on.

Scott C4/5, I like that Mushroom knob on your link to ECommerce!
    I have the Body Point "mushroom" Rubber Dome Joystick Handle on my Permobil M300. It is great! No slipping and it hasn't come off.

PM sent.