Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowel program help please!

Bowel program help please!

I have used a magic bullet for my bowel care for years along with benefibre the night before. Now it seems like my bowels and are irritated by the magic bullet and if I use a full sup I will get mucus an hour or so later. I tried mini-enemeez but did not have the results I wanted and sometimes would have accidents an hour later. Now I am taking a stool softener the night before 100 mg of docusate sodium and I use less than half a magic bullet and its better i get good results. But i seem to still get like a little mucus fart an hour later or so. Is there anything i can do to get rid of this mucus fart? Also is it safe to be taking docusate sodium every other day or should I try something else? Also sometimes i feel bloated or gassy should I try gas x has anyone else tried this product?
    Its only at the brink of our own destruction that we learn to change.

Blog Entries
    I wish I knew how to stop the bloating in the constant gas that cannot escape, it truly sucks and destroys my life

Blog Entries
    gas ex only helps with upper stomach, does not help with bowl

My best option for controlling bloat is altering my diet.

It is safe to take a stool softener every day or every other day

I agree what with what was said above that altering your diet will help a lot with the bloating.
    You could consider a lactobacillus capsule daily as your probiotic and a fiber gummy at bedtime as your prebiotic.

I’ve mentioned before that there are wax-based and water-based bisacodyl suppositories. My experience has shown that water-based don’t leave a mucus discharge later but if you’re having trouble with Enemeez with mucus discharge then it’s possible you may need to have something a little stronger than a stool softener for stimulating your bowels from up above to get a better emptying of your rectal contents.

pbr
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 02-05-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I only get mucus discharge when I use magic bullet. Enemeez just didn't give me the results I wanted and I would have accidents later. Is there different suppositories I can try?

I don’t have any other experience with other suppositories.

Please see the other recommendations I made above. You may have to make other changes other than getting a different suppository

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I mainly want to get rid of the little mucus fart I get from using less than half a magic bullet. Will a lactobacillus capsule daily help with that?

I still use dulcolax after over 30 years post, the bullet got my autonomic sys. going too much. My solution to your problem is I do my "bp" take a shower and then go back to the toilet for one last stem, or more if I still am not done, that is when the rest of the dulcolax decides to leave.

In the last year, PEG has been added to the night before regimen as my mid 50 body is slowing down...

Quote Originally Posted by cadamson View Post
    I still use dulcolax after over 30 years post, the bullet got my autonomic sys. going too much. My solution to your problem is I do my "bp" take a shower and then go back to the toilet for one last stem, or more if I still am not done, that is when the rest of the dulcolax decides to leave.

In the last year, PEG has been added to the night before regimen as my mid 50 body is slowing down...
    The active ingredient in Magic Bullet and Dulcolax is the same...Bisacodyl 10 mg. The only difference is the inactive ingredient in each. Dulcolax is a vegetable oil based suppository that melts slower than the water based Magic Bullet suppository. In theory Ducolax should cause more after burn (mucus) because it takes longer to melt in the rectal vault and may remain in the rectal vault longer than a water based suppository.

The way I have avoided "after burn" (have used Magic Bullets for 35+ years) is to digital stim a few times after the bulk of the bowel program seems to be done. Digital stim, then wait about 5 minutes, digital stim, then wait about 5 minutes, and for good measure, another digital stim. Nine times out of ten, I will get more stool or stool and mucus. Rarely have "after burn" accidents.