Thread: Chinese SmartDrive copy....

Chinese SmartDrive copy....

I wondered when someone would attempt to copy a SmartDrive. This one doesn’t have any Bluetooth controls, and seems pretty basic in comparison to the real SmartDrive, but it’s a lot cheaper! (Although the minimum order quantity is 10).

https://wisking.en.alibaba.com/product/60849158497-803140643/Professional_Manufacturer_wheelchair_trailer_rear_ SMART_spare_part_for_disabaled_person.html

Unfortunately the very basic instructions neglect to mention how you stop the thing!

There is a video of one in action on the Alibaba app...but I can’t post a link to that.
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

I've seen a number of companies offering them with this type of control that mounts on the frame and has on/off, speed, meter and emergency stop button:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/24V-...b-1bc888e5e6f6
    (last pic)

You can search aliexpress, alibaba, made-in-china etc

This one has a video that just seems to show it stop when you apply resistance to the handrim, probably like the one you linked.
    https://greenpedel.en.made-in-china....onversion.html

It also can't go up hills, which is one of the main things I use my smart drive for.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    It also can't go up hills, which is one of the main things I use my smart drive for.
    How do you know that did you try one?

The first one listed by Gordy is only 100W which may not do well on inclines but the two I listed are both 250w motors which is the same as a Smartdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    How do you know that did you try one?

The first one listed by Gordy is only 100W which may not do well on inclines but the two I listed are both 250w motors which is the same as a Smartdrive.
    The answer is in the ad: "4. Q7 don?t have the climbing ability. In order to climb hills, you should turn the auxiliary wheels by hand"

BTW the acrobat wheelchair user that was in the link you provided pat, is the same one in Gordy's ad.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Pat, the video in one of your links is a longer version of the one I’d found (but couldn’t link/share). At 1.30 and at the end of the video Wisking is seen/mentioned, so I suspect there is only one model, and different suppliers are marketing it.

In both your video and the shortened one that I saw, the user is going up a Wheelchair ramp, so that comment about not being able to go up inclines is a bit misleading (but typical of Alibaba - you never really know what you will be getting until it arrives!). However if the method of stopping is just to hold the rims firmly, then you can imagine that going uphill has the same effect, so it stops pushing....

The stop/start button attachment makes sense, but unless it plugs into the charging port, there isn’t anywhere else! (And the stop/start attachment isn?t seen in the packing photos).

Alibaba...so much potential, but not there yet!
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Yes there is a lot of discrepancies in the photos and descriptions on these things. I guess you have to try and hash it out through emails and then purchase it on a wing and a prayer. There seems to be a few different models, the JQ-B1 and JQ-B2 from this company that claims to be the manufacturer. Maybe one has the frame mount controls and the other doesn't, it's hard to tell for sure. Take a look at the video on this one: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...11737db9AnojWU

I have a smartdrive but I rarely use it mostly because that blue tooth bracelet is just such a pain in the a$$. I think I'd like it a lot more if it had one of those frame mounted controllers.

My son has a SmartDrive and seems to be lucky with the Bluetooth controller(s) in terms of usage...the only problem he’s had is the rubber seal peeling off the front, so he gets sent a new one every few months!

But he was lucky enough to get the SmartDrive funded. If I had to pay myself, I’d be tempted with one of these copies.