Thread: Camel dung for diarrhea?

Camel dung for diarrhea?

I recently saw an episode of "Dirty Jobs" where they were caring for Camels.
    What I learned; A cure for Dysentery during WW1 was discovered (although not soon enough). The Germans learned from the Arabs that consuming a >FRESH< ball of Camel poo would fix their bowel issues (Camel poop looks like large rabbit poop balls, about the size of golf balls). The Germans made a synthetic version of the beneficial "things" they found in Camel dung and distributed it to the solders. They spoke of the beneficial "things" that was in the dung but I can't retain the jargon.
    What is this magic pill or potion called today? I'd think it or a version of it exist today.

I'd think a Google search for this episode would verify me and entertain you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    I recently saw an episode of "Dirty Jobs" where they were caring for Camels.
    What I learned; A cure for Dysentery during WW1 was discovered (although not soon enough). The Germans learned from the Arabs that consuming a >FRESH< ball of Camel poo would fix their bowel issues (Camel poop looks like large rabbit poop balls, about the size of golf balls). The Germans made a synthetic version of the beneficial "things" they found in Camel dung and distributed it to the solders. They spoke of the beneficial "things" that was in the dung but I can't retain the jargon.
    What is this magic pill or potion called today? I'd think it or a version of it exist today.

I'd think a Google search for this episode would verify me and entertain you.

Bacillus subtilus

Sold in stores as a probiotic.

https://wickhamlabs.co.uk/technical-...llus-subtilis/

Also known as hay bacillus or grass bacillus. The bacteria is found in the stomachs of ruminants.

Blog Entries
    First time I even ventured in this category hmmm