Thread: m300 vs m300 HD

m300 vs m300 HD

Can anyone confirm that the m300 HD is just a higher weight class rating of the m300?

So, from an electrical standpoint, there should be no differences between the two models (tilt/lift/recline/legs actuators may be heavier duty but the electronics and wiring should be the same?)

Said another way, I should be able to swap electronic components from one model to the other without concern for compatibility issues (I obviously have one that isn't running and want to restore it to health)

Since no one answered yet I thought I'd throw my 2...
    Had 2 21st Century Scientific H-Frame Bounders. First one was standard bariatric(sp?) model and second had the upgrade, think called 700. Reason I got them was I'd flipped over in driveway on regular powered mobility so I wanted a tank that didn't have worry about!
    Both as far as electronics were the same, DME took parts from standard to heavier model when needed, even control modular. DME said only difference was heavier metal used(some solid instead of hollow) with more reinforcement was used on structure.
    Had AmySysyem Alltrack-R HD and same thing. DME said only difference was torque and seatpan was heavier.
    I do not know if any of this is correct but I think spot on cause I use just standard weight powerchairs now and really don't seem any different than those except newer chairs are built more for indoor use only, less ground clearance, lighter and less speed unless you buy that option.
    Also, when searching for parts don't seem to be any difference in wiring diagrams or controls.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    I do not know if any of this is correct but I think spot on cause I use just standard weight powerchairs now and really don't seem any different than those except newer chairs are built more for indoor use only, less ground clearance, lighter and less speed unless you buy that option.
    Also, when searching for parts don't seem to be any difference in wiring diagrams or controls.
    A cursory examination seemed to confirm this -- it's just "beefier". But, common sense tells me that it takes more effort to LIFT a 450 pound driver (think: seat elevator) than a 300 pound one! Just "beefing up" the components won't eliminate the need for the extra POWER required to do the actual lifting!

Ditto the actuators for recline, legs, etc. You can reinforce the frame/chassis of a VW beetle all you want but it's still not going to drag a motorhome up Pike's Peak!

My concern is that if I started swapping out parts (to isolate the problem) with those from a working m300, I might risk having a broken HD and m300!

<shrug> I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it! If I reassemble the m300, afterwards, and it no longer works, then I'll take it that there is SOMETHING different...