Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q5Edge Joystick?

http://wheelchairelectronicsrepair.c...hair-joystick/
    These guys say on their web site, "if you don't see a picture of your joystick, we may be able to fix yours".
    Ck with them and let us know what they say.
    If you have a GOOD QUALITY ohm meter and some experience with electronics, you may test the lead. If so, and it's bad, you will need GOOD QUALITY solder remover and solder iron. Lack of experience soldering electronics usually results in a non fixable part if you attempt to FIY. Requires surgeons stability in hands. "You know you are a good mechanic (or other trade), when you know when not to do some things"

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    http://wheelchairelectronicsrepair.c...hair-joystick/
    These guys say on their web site, "if you don't see a picture of your joystick, we may be able to fix yours".
    Ck with them and let us know what they say.
    If you have a GOOD QUALITY ohm meter and some experience with electronics, you may test the lead. If so, and it's bad, you will need GOOD QUALITY solder remover and solder iron. Lack of experience soldering electronics usually results in a non fixable part if you attempt to FIY. Requires surgeons stability in hands. "You know you are a good mechanic (or other trade), when you know when not to do some things"
    I used their Contact Form earlier this week. Got E-mail they did not have one in stock but could repair. I ask about cost of diagnosis and approx repair costs but not heard back. I may try calling this week.
    E-bay I've had bad experience before with, but may have go that route.

Well I went with E-bay. Found a new one for about what most used ones were selling for with a return policy. Gave all info on my chair to seller and he said it will work, just plug and go. Crossing my fingers and hoping it will cure my chair's ills. So, will find out in about a week.
    Thanks for reading and assistance!

Great. I've gotten lucky a few times on Ebay too. Good deals go fast.

Thought would update info on my joystick. Got new joystick from E-bay from a guy in Canada for less than most of the used ones were priced on E-bay.
    Got it Saturday and installed today. As soon as turned it on everything lit up and seems to have fixed the problem.
    Whoever setup the joystick bracket, I think must of picked up one wrong size bolt or had a sense of humor. One bolt out of 4 was mm different than others. Neighbor was trying turn every which way to get wrench on it til tried another size. He ask if I mixed bolts but joystick had never been removed since had it unless DME had at some point.
    "Thanks!" for reading as well for assistance in dealing with this!