Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q5Edge Joystick?

Q5Edge Joystick?

Well had my first problem with Quantum Q6 Edge this morning. Turn it on and went through the house with no problem. Started out front door and hit flipper to go different drive profile. Got to 'Fast' and would not move or pushing flipper didn't go to Seat Functions. Turned on/off acouple times, nothing on joystick got it to turn on again.
    The 'Attendant' joystick works.
    Tried changing out plugs to main joystick to 'Attendant' plug in back of chair. Still nothing would turn on main joystick.
    Now only 'Attendant' joystick works.
    Any ideas?

This is my backup chair and Medicare I know will not cover costs of repair.
    My current Medicare powerchair was town over 1 1/2years ago it was beyond repair and needed replaced. Not able to deal with company that took over old DME dealership so been using backup since then.
    Afraid 'Attendant' joystick will just quit working like main joystick done. Anyone know of reset or possible fuse or fuse reset button on this chair?
    Thanks!

I'd have to guess that either the joystick, cable or the port those connections are made on the controller are kaput.

Thanks! Yea what I'm afraid of that be joystick.
    The Attendant joystick still makes Logo on main screen light up as always when using Attendant joystick to move chair like suppose to do.
    But, when change out plug in the back of chair moving Attendant joystick to main joystick plug it does nothing, no light up screen at all.

Anyone know anyplace get a good cheap joystick for this new semi-paperweight?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Thanks! Yea what I'm afraid of that be joystick.
    The Attendant joystick still makes Logo on main screen light up as always when using Attendant joystick to move chair like suppose to do.
    But, when change out plug in the back of chair moving Attendant joystick to main joystick plug it does nothing, no light up screen at all.
    Anyone know anyplace get a good cheap joystick for this new semi-paperweight?
    If you have swing away mount, may have broken wire inside cable. If attendant and main look the same it should be an easy swap. What you did by swapping the connectors around was, to quote many repair manuals, "replace with known good part". I've bought a few good joysticks on eBay, just make sure you message seller and ask if they are sure it's a good one and will accept returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    If you have swing away mount, may have broken wire inside cable. If attendant and main look the same it should be an easy swap. What you did by swapping the connectors around was, to quote many repair manuals, "replace with known good part". I've bought a few good joysticks on eBay, just make sure you message seller and ask if they are sure it's a good one and will accept returns.
    Yes, when swapped the Attendant and Main jpystick plugs in back of chair the Main joystic screen did not even light up with Logo like when Attendant joystick is plugged into it's proper port in rear of chair.

Checked E-bay not found one yet.
    Will removing Main Joystick and getting Part# and Serial # be all need to get right replacement?
    Will it be just plug and go with replacement joystick or will I need a programmer to make Main joystick replacement work?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Yes, when swapped the Attendant and Main jpystick plugs in back of chair the Main joystic screen did not even light up with Logo like when Attendant joystick is plugged into it's proper port in rear of chair.

Checked E-bay not found one yet.
    Will removing Main Joystick and getting Part# and Serial # be all need to get right replacement?
    Will it be just plug and go with replacement joystick or will I need a programmer to make Main joystick replacement work?
    Thanks!
    I'm not sure on your chair but most chairs have all programming in the module. Call the factory or DME that sold chair (may find dealer label on chair), say you are a end user (this means you are not a tech or dealer), ask as if you want to buy new joystick and about reprogramming. Of course this is if they'll even talk to you. I don't remember where, but I once saw a website that repairs many joysticks. If I find it again, I will post link.
    I found it http://wheelchairelectronicsrepair.c...hair-joystick/ I've not used them so I can't say.
    Last edited by Gearhead; 01-26-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    I'm not sure on your chair but most chairs have all programming in the module. Call the factory or DME that sold chair (may find dealer label on chair), say you are a end user (this means you are not a tech or dealer), ask as if you want to buy new joystick and about reprogramming. Of course this is if they'll even talk to you. I don't remember where, but I once saw a website that repairs many joysticks. If I find it again, I will post link.
    Thank you!
    I found one but price out of my reach, $639.99 especially if it's the plug=in strip in back of the chair:
    https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/...ml#description
    Last edited by MikeP2013; 01-26-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Try contacting Paul at https://libertymobility.com for parts. I agree with above advice, good chance it's the cable, especially if you have a swing away joystick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    Try contacting Paul at https://libertymobility.com for parts. I agree with above advice, good chance it's the cable, especially if you have a swing away joystick.
    Thank you. I checked site, more likely I'm not searching it right. Will take joystick off latter today so get Part# and Serial# and call them Mon. Hope that they may have one I can afford.
    Thanks!

Been a bad week!!
    Not had time to call anyone about parts yet.
    Took joystick off the swing-away mount so could get numbers:
    Part: CTLDC 1467
    Model: 1751-0009
    Serial: 12019C.072177

Took joystick apart and have a question about the 'Flipper' switch that turns chair on/off and through the different 'Profile' and the 'Seat Function' screen.
    It's not contacted to anything? Is this right? No wires or anything? Only has a clip that looks like holds it in the joystick case?
    Thanks ya'll for reading. Also appreciate any info or advice on getting it to work.

BTW: First post I was wrong or the plug was not seated well. Unplugged the 'Attendant' joystick and plugged it into the Main joystick slot on controller strip under backcover. 'Attendant' joystick made everything work, including 'Seat Function', too.
    But, plugged Main joystick into 'Attendant' slot, still nothing worked at all with Main joystick.
    Again, Thanks!