Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iBOT coming back?

iBOT coming back?

See for yourself, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qYz2wsVKYE
    Distributer, http://mobiusmobility.com/ . Contact them, fill out short inquiry form, more interest = they may hurry up.

UPDATE, Mobius reply to my inquiry:

Wed, Jan 30, 2019 4:23 pm

Good Day!

Thank you for your interest in new iBOT! We have received FDA clearance and are working towards launching the new iBOT in the Summer of 2019. In the meantime, we are busy setting up our new facility here in Manchester, NH.

As we prepare to take the next step in launching the new iBOT, there are a few details we would like to share with our prospective users:

• A prescription from your doctor will be required for purchase
    • The new iBOT will be offered with a rehab seat from Motion Concepts
    • The iBOT isn’t coded for insurance coverage yet. We are actively pursuing this, but in the short term, the iBOT will be available as a self-pay cash sale only
    • Fundraising opportunities are available, we’re happy to assist where possible
    • Pricing for the iBOT is still being calculated, but we are working to keep the price as close to $30,000 as possible

We would also like to ask for you to provide us with your full name, physical mailing address, and phone number. Going forward, this gives us the ability to contact you via US mail, or email. If you have a preferred contact method, please let us know. Please note this information will be stored internally within Mobius Mobility and will not be sold or shared with other parties.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have. We are so excited that the new iBOT is almost here!!

Best Regards,
    The Mobius Mobility Team

Mobius Mobility
    286 Commercial St.
    Manchester NH 03101
    (866) 956-2432

www.mobiusmobility.com

Last edited by Gearhead; 01-31-2019 at 11:14 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    2016 ?

Blog Entries
    I think it failed the first time for the same reasons it's gonna probably not do so well this time: it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. You need decent trunk control to use one, and most paras aren't inclined to use a bulky power chair. Not to mention it's cost and lack of reimbursement from insurance companies. Have either of these things changed with the new design?
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I can tell you that you don't need decent trunk control to use one.

Blog Entries
    I've been in one, you do. The original, anyway. It was not quad friendly in the least. It rocks and rolls and tilts and even the rep at Abilities Expo, years ago, said they don't recommend quads use it.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I wish they'd bring back the Permobil Street :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I've been in one, you do. The original, anyway. It was not quad friendly in the least. It rocks and rolls and tilts and even the rep at Abilities Expo, years ago, said they don't recommend quads use it.
    I have one and am a C7, with poor trunk control. What you do need is good hand grip if you want to climb stairs. I should also mention that it has to be setup for the users body type.

Blog Entries
    That's cool. I'll take your word for it. Even when up on 2 wheels you feel stable? Doesn't it rock forward and back a bit?

The 2 wheel part about it is as cool as it can be. I'm even a few inches taller than when I was among the walking. It takes a little getting used to but I feel comfortable using it. It does move back and forth if you lean that way, but if you sit perfectly still it just pretty much stays put. I only use it once in awhile because I can get more things done, and move around quicker in my regular chair. They are really some piece of technology.