Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Van seat

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    When you say "on the cheap" I think substandard. If you saw this work, you'd like it. The price is low because this guy has low overhead (no rent). He subs his work to brick and mortar shops who double the price.
    I did not mean substandard work. I don't like anything but quality, my issue is paying for it. I trusted the vinyl installer when he said I'd like these when he compared them to the discontinued ones on the Rollx seats. $250.00 wasted. It sounds like in Santa Ana I could have gotten leather. The sad part is that these were probably made in So Cal. as I had to wait for them to be made, uppers and lowers is all they would sell even though I did not use the uppers.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    ok I am cheap I just bought a cover that covers captain chair for 35.00 works great I had 1 last 10 years
    Seat cover would be thoughts too. They make some really good ones and if installed correctly, last a long time. Also, no freak out moments if it gets damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I put vinyl over my cloth seats thinking they would be slippery, but no. My Rollx caravan has vinyl which I slip just fine on, but the installer said that brand had been discontinued.
    Doesn't the Pledge make your clothes dirty? My wife drives my van too. I'm not sure she would want to sit on the Pledge. Doesn't it rub off onto your clothes?
    Rub in with one rag, polish wipe off with another rag. Pledge works great on many rubber, smooth leather, and plastic things. Has (or at least used to) bee's wax in it = preserves things. Just keep it's spray away from glass. Spray on rag to do top of dash panel.