Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Van seat

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    Pledge has never gotten on clothes, but this week I pledged seat when it was -12 degrees and Pledge spray turned into tiny, white frozen balls as they hit seat
    how do u do it I am freezing its 50 here and wind blow 20mp

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    John, I called around and got quotes over a thousand, so I went with vinyl. What did you spend?
    $500 to rebuild cushions and install new leather including decorative stitching and piping.

Another alternative is leather covers. Best if you have them custom made at a local upholstery shop. But they are also available on the internet for common seat types like Econoline.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Another alternative is leather covers. Best if you have them custom made at a local upholstery shop. But they are also available on the internet for common seat types like Econoline.
    Econoline maybe, but a year ago I could not find anything for chevy/gmc except what appeared to be universal ripoff fit for like $25. A quick check now, same result.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

$500 to rebuild cushions and install new leather including decorative stitching and piping.
    We don't have talent here that will work on the cheap. I wonder if I could get just the covers made "while I wait". Come to think of it years ago I was at the Orange county flea Saturday flea market and ordered cloth seat covers for my old van. They said they had the patterns for all the seats and I could pick up the covers the following week, which I did. I wonder if I could go to So Cal and get it done somewhere.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    ok I am cheap I just bought a cover that covers captain chair for 35.00 works great I had 1 last 10 years
    You got one of the good ones.

After you spray Pledge on seat you buff with rag to dry seat. I also spray transfer board to transfer from seat back to chair. All my transfers are gravity transfers. We have 6 way seats all to save shoulders. I am T-10 para for for 48 years, my wife post polio since 1948. We really have to be careful re shoulders, we have hospital beds that lower to 18" for easy transfer and raise for gravity transfer from bed to chair. Use every fix you can to save your shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    We don't have talent here that will work on the cheap. I wonder if I could get just the covers made "while I wait". Come to think of it years ago I was at the Orange county flea Saturday flea market and ordered cloth seat covers for my old van. They said they had the patterns for all the seats and I could pick up the covers the following week, which I did. I wonder if I could go to So Cal and get it done somewhere.
    When you say "on the cheap" I think substandard. If you saw this work, you'd like it. The price is low because this guy has low overhead (no rent). He subs his work to brick and mortar shops who double the price.

By the way, You will have your choice of shops at or about this price in Santa Ana.

By the way, You will have your choice of shops at or about this price in Santa Ana.
    I would not be surprised if there are more there than anywhere near here.