Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Van seat

Van seat

Hello all. I just got a used van and it has cloth seats. I am having a problem with my pants being pulled down when I transfer. My old van had leather seats. My question is this, have any of you encountered this problem and if so, how did you solve it? Thanks.

Jeff

oh yah, learned that long ago. you can take to upholstery shop and they can cover in leather.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I have done the same, switched cloth upholstery to vinyl. I then use Pledge on the vinyl seat for easy sliding.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    oh yah, learned that long ago. you can take to upholstery shop and they can cover in leather.
    John, I called around and got quotes over a thousand, so I went with vinyl. What did you spend?
    Last edited by nonoise; 01-25-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    I have done the same, switched cloth upholstery to vinyl. I then use Pledge on the vinyl seat for easy sliding.
    I put vinyl over my cloth seats thinking they would be slippery, but no. My Rollx caravan has vinyl which I slip just fine on, but the installer said that brand had been discontinued.

Doesn't the Pledge make your clothes dirty? My wife drives my van too. I'm not sure she would want to sit on the Pledge. Doesn't it rub off onto your clothes?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    John, I called around and got quotes over a thousand, so I went with vinyl. What did you spend?
    ive had leather since my 2nd vehicle. if cost to cover is to high could buy a leather seat on ebay cheap likely
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    ive had leather since my 2nd vehicle. if cost to cover is to high could buy a leather seat on ebay cheap likely
    No leather a year ago on ebay.

Pledge has never gotten on clothes, but this week I pledged seat when it was -12 degrees and Pledge spray turned into tiny, white frozen balls as they hit seat

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    Pledge has never gotten on clothes, but this week I pledged seat when it was -12 degrees and Pledge spray turned into tiny, white frozen balls as they hit seat
    ball bearings
    -12 I cannot image it being that cold, brrrr

Edit: I want to add that I will definitely try Pledge. Thanks for speaking up.
    Last edited by nonoise; 01-25-2019 at 05:53 PM.

ok I am cheap I just bought a cover that covers captain chair for 35.00 works great I had 1 last 10 years