Thread: MacBook Pro Trackpad sensitivity for quads

Question MacBook Pro Trackpad sensitivity for quads

Hi, I'm attempting to transition from 31 years of being a Windows user into a Mac user.

As with many quads, on the trackpad I don't use my fingers but instead I use a corner of the palm of my right hand. The trackpad sensitivity makes the mouse move irregularly and so far I've not found any configuration that can fix this. I've downloaded the better touch tool software but I've not been able to use it to fix this.

I've read a post saying someone bought a Magic Trackpad. Before doing that I'm going back to Windows.

Can some of you share how you've managed this problem? There must be a way to solve it and use Mac efficiently.

Thanks in advance!

C3 so no hand movement but if I did would probably use a head mouse to move the mouse and hand to click on trackpad. I'm surprised that you can't set trackpad up as it is quite versatile. Magic trackpad is angled, higher at the back than the front so might be easier to use than the flat macbook trackpad. Worth trying, maybe go to an Apple store and see if they can help.

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    C3 so no hand movement but if I did would probably use a head mouse to move the mouse and hand to click on trackpad. I'm surprised that you can't set trackpad up as it is quite versatile. Magic trackpad is angled, higher at the back than the front so might be easier to use than the flat macbook trackpad. Worth trying, maybe go to an Apple store and see if they can help.
    I see no reason to use a head mouse if I move my hands.
    The trackpad does not seem to be versatile based on my experience so far. What makes you think it is versatile?
    As I said, before using the Magic Trackpad, I'm going back to a Windows-based laptop. It's simple: a MacBook and a Magic Trackpad are two devices; a Windows-based laptop is just one. Keep it simple, keep it efficient.
    I have no faith in Apple store employees; they're there either to sell or fix Apple Devices.

I guess it depends upon your level of hand movement. New trackpads are force sensitive and you can use gestures which are configurable throw in usual preference adjustments and it seems versatile to me, what do you expect it to do?

If you want simple go back to windoze if you think 2 devices is too many, given that I use a combination of head mouse, software dwell clicking, voice control and dictation using dragon, a head switch, scatir optical click switch, Tecla e, onscreen keyboard and switch control depending upon the application i prefer to have the best tool to accomplish whatever I am doing easily. Simple doesn't exist with no hand movement.

Personally I have found Apple stores helpful, make a Genius bar appointment and see if they can help rather than lose money selling the mac. For

I'd struggle to move to a PC, run Windows on my mac when I can't get a Mac version of software and cost of replacement PC software plus learning time to use it efficiently would be too high. What were you looking to achieve by swapping to a Mac?

I was thinking about this last night. Are you using force click? It could be that the pressure you are activating a force generated movement. Don't know how to switch it off but try the Apple support forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    I was thinking about this last night. Are you using force click? It could be that the pressure you are activating a force generated movement. Don't know how to switch it off but try the Apple support forums.
    force click is not activated

I'm a quad and use a stylus works great.

Quote Originally Posted by C5C6 View Post
    force click is not activated

Tracking speed set to slow and click firm? With my head mouse I have to speed everything up so the opposite problem, when I use a gyro headset slow it all down and always seem to find there is enough range of sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by roll170 View Post
    I'm a quad and use a stylus works great.
    I refuse to use any additional device such as a stylus, for the simple reason I don't need one on a Windows device

Maybe go back to PC, then? Since it is better, anyway.
    Sorry, I got nothing to actually help here. Good luck to you.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8