Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrate life!

Very great!

And your photos remind me of Ketamine Kitty's.
    Where is she?
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Very great!

And your photos remind me of Ketamine Kitty's.
    Where is she?
    Ketamine Kitty is a man. He is on FB but doesn't come here much.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

105 Year Old Great Grandpa Meets 5 day old Newborn Great Grandson

Great link KLD!! On that note, I was sent a video today, that I think fit's the title of this folder. (turn your sound up so your can hear this great grampa's reaction in the beginning)
    https://www.facebook.com/Break/video...6957960922792/

Spring of 2016 was our first year in this house. 2 hummers built their nest in the strut of our kitchen window shade. It was glorious as we set up the camera on a tripod on the kitchen sink so it looked directly into the nest. We took videos. The best was a few days before the 2 chicks finally left. They had been moving around in the next (which bulged as they tried to squirm past one another) they one morning mom stood on the edge, raised her beak and throat and sang. Chicks did likewise and for 3 hours, I swear she taught them to sing proper hummer tunes.

I never felt so welcomed... well maybe. The previous house had welcomed me in the second month when I went out on the new deck to find a newborn fawn had been left 5 feet from the ramp to wait out the day and gather strength. Mom collected it before first light of the following morning. There was some rain that afternoon and I watched the fawn lick drops from its fur, but it stayed in its spot, as it was programmed to do. I've been so blessed. Nature seems to know I cannot go out much to hunt for such sights, and she deposits them in my lap. sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    Spring of 2016 was our first year in this house. 2 hummers built their nest in the strut of our kitchen window shade. It was glorious as we set up the camera on a tripod on the kitchen sink so it looked directly into the nest. We took videos. The best was a few days before the 2 chicks finally left. They had been moving around in the next (which bulged as they tried to squirm past one another) they one morning mom stood on the edge, raised her beak and throat and sang. Chicks did likewise and for 3 hours, I swear she taught them to sing proper hummer tunes.

I never felt so welcomed... well maybe. The previous house had welcomed me in the second month when I went out on the new deck to find a newborn fawn had been left 5 feet from the ramp to wait out the day and gather strength. Mom collected it before first light of the following morning. There was some rain that afternoon and I watched the fawn lick drops from its fur, but it stayed in its spot, as it was programmed to do. I've been so blessed. Nature seems to know I cannot go out much to hunt for such sights, and she deposits them in my lap. sort of.
    Oh, what a privilege to have seen those things! Thank you so much - I'll carry those visuals with me.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Absolutely beautiful, Tetracyclone. Thank you for sharing that.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

How large are the nest and the eggs?

Sadly the hummingbird eggs did not hatch...non-viable eggs. The eggs were about the size of a regular jelly bean (not a Jelly Belly).

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.