Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: car cushions

  1. #1
    Senior Member lurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nq australia
    Posts
    548

    car cushions

    I am recovering from a nasty skin breakdown in my tailbone area which I believe was mainly brought on by driving ( I had been on a long trip but I also drive a lot for work).
    Anyway I was wondering if anybody could recommend any solutions.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,480
    Blog Entries
    1
    I use a low profile Roho quadtro select in the car.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

    "Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I use a low profile Roho quadtro select in the car.
    Ditto

  4. #4
    Senior Member ChesBay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Coastal Virginia
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I use a low profile Roho quadtro select in the car.
    I use a regular Roho low profile in the car. I prefer the Quadtro and that ( high profile) has been my primary wheelchair cushion for years. When the time come to replace car cushion it will be a quadtro also.

  5. #5
    Y'all out here throwin money around. I chose the roho LTV cushion for $100 instead of the $400 quadtro cushion. Difference is number of cells, thickness of rubber (LTV being much thinner but has survived 2 Wisconsin summers and winters without being taken out of the vehicle). It works fine for me and I'm getting quite the bony butt as I have no spasms and am 6 years post.

  6. #6
    Lurch,

    Regarding "... brought on by driving ... any solutions."

    This topic may be helpful for auto-related solutions.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    Lurch,

    Regarding "... brought on by driving ... any solutions."

    This topic may be helpful for auto-related solutions.
    for pressure relief there is no comparison to the protection provided by roho's air cushions. I've used those gel types and that was when I got a pressure sore

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by juniorsenior View Post
    Y'all out here throwin money around. I chose the roho LTV cushion for $100 instead of the $400 quadtro cushion. Difference is number of cells, thickness of rubber (LTV being much thinner but has survived 2 Wisconsin summers and winters without being taken out of the vehicle). It works fine for me and I'm getting quite the bony butt as I have no spasms and am 6 years post.
    Ditto. I keep this cushion in the car and use it for any trips lasting more than 20-30 minutes. And as an added bonus, my wife loves to use it when we go to sporting events.

  9. #9
    Senior Member lurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nq australia
    Posts
    548
    So I got a roho low profile on everyone's advice and I was wondering is there some special method to using it? do you just throw it on top of your seat covers or attach it to the seat somehow or what? I really think that having it not move somehow would be good.

  10. #10
    Senior Member ChesBay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Coastal Virginia
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    So I got a roho low profile on everyone's advice and I was wondering is there some special method to using it? do you just throw it on top of your seat covers or attach it to the seat somehow or what? I really think that having it not move somehow would be good.

    It should stay in place if you leave the cover on.

    My car has leather seats so I have always left the cover off , if the cushion shifts at all when I transfer in I can move the roho around easier with cover off.

    One thought not related, I live in Virginia where it can get very hot in the summer. If I am going to leave it in the car during hot weather I deflate cushion so it won't expand and spring a leak. A low profile inflates quickly.

Similar Threads

  1. W/C Cushions with a FAN!!!
    By PwMS in forum Equipment
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 11:12 AM
  2. HOT w/c cushions!!!! @#$#!*!!?!!?
    By PwMS in forum Care
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 04:39 PM
  3. Cushions
    By paramoto in forum Equipment
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 09:32 PM
  4. Cushions
    By kevin s. in forum Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 04:21 PM
  5. Cushions
    By Odin in forum Life
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •