Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car cushions

car cushions

I am recovering from a nasty skin breakdown in my tailbone area which I believe was mainly brought on by driving ( I had been on a long trip but I also drive a lot for work).
    Anyway I was wondering if anybody could recommend any solutions.

Blog Entries
    I use a low profile Roho quadtro select in the car.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I use a regular Roho low profile in the car. I prefer the Quadtro and that ( high profile) has been my primary wheelchair cushion for years. When the time come to replace car cushion it will be a quadtro also.

Y'all out here throwin money around. I chose the roho LTV cushion for $100 instead of the $400 quadtro cushion. Difference is number of cells, thickness of rubber (LTV being much thinner but has survived 2 Wisconsin summers and winters without being taken out of the vehicle). It works fine for me and I'm getting quite the bony butt as I have no spasms and am 6 years post.

Lurch,

Regarding "... brought on by driving ... any solutions."

This topic may be helpful for auto-related solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    Lurch,

Regarding "... brought on by driving ... any solutions."

This topic may be helpful for auto-related solutions.
    for pressure relief there is no comparison to the protection provided by roho's air cushions. I've used those gel types and that was when I got a pressure sore

Quote Originally Posted by juniorsenior View Post
    Y'all out here throwin money around. I chose the roho LTV cushion for $100 instead of the $400 quadtro cushion. Difference is number of cells, thickness of rubber (LTV being much thinner but has survived 2 Wisconsin summers and winters without being taken out of the vehicle). It works fine for me and I'm getting quite the bony butt as I have no spasms and am 6 years post.
    Ditto. I keep this cushion in the car and use it for any trips lasting more than 20-30 minutes. And as an added bonus, my wife loves to use it when we go to sporting events.

So I got a roho low profile on everyone's advice and I was wondering is there some special method to using it? do you just throw it on top of your seat covers or attach it to the seat somehow or what? I really think that having it not move somehow would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    So I got a roho low profile on everyone's advice and I was wondering is there some special method to using it? do you just throw it on top of your seat covers or attach it to the seat somehow or what? I really think that having it not move somehow would be good.

It should stay in place if you leave the cover on.

My car has leather seats so I have always left the cover off , if the cushion shifts at all when I transfer in I can move the roho around easier with cover off.

One thought not related, I live in Virginia where it can get very hot in the summer. If I am going to leave it in the car during hot weather I deflate cushion so it won't expand and spring a leak. A low profile inflates quickly.