Thread: van question

van question

I love my new van but the seat is a 6 way I hate and have a lot of trouble with the way toggle switches are under metal bar plus it makes transferring for me a lot harder going to seat easy seat to chair
    its a challene but doable

thinking of having them put on a cord like my old van that would get rid of bar. also it has a rubber floor my chair if I have to stop or turn hard it leave and goes where ever transferring back inti chair it will move on the rubber was thinking of anti skid tape

what have you all experienced I love my van
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-19-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    I love my new van but the seat is a 6 way I hate and have a lot of trouble with the way toggle switches are under metal bar plus it makes transferring for me a lot harder going to seat easy seat to chair
    its a challene but doable

thinking of having them put on a cord like my old van that would get rid of bar. also it has a rubber floor my chair if I have to stop or turn hard it leave and goes where ever transferring back inti chair it will move on the rubber was thinking of anti skid tape

what have you all experienced I love my van
    alot of ppl remove to toggle switch metal piece its usually held on by rivets which can be drilled out
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I removed that bar that protects the switches, it was too difficult to operate them with it in place. But you do have to be careful that you don't hit one of the switches. I snapped one off once.

I removed the bar. Much easier access to the switches.

I have both on mine, but find I’m using the switches more than the pendant. The detailers at my dealer actually put tire dressing on the floor of my van!

thank you very much

I had the same problem with my chair moving. I had two retractable seatbelt style tie downs installed. Problem solved!

I had the remote installed instead of that ugly ass lever box installed on the side of the seat. Its perfect and just tuck it in the back of the seat when not in use

Hey after all these years I decided that there's several ways to look at things.
    What meets this agency or that one's regulations.
    What the company building DME can get approved @ lowest cost to them with biggest profit margin.
    What the enduser can afford.

When look at real world engineering whatever the item is to meet your abilities then cut, remove, modify and 'fix' it so you can do whatever you need to do so it makes your life the safest, easiest and able to afford.
    That bracket might be for your protection according to a engineeror more likely a bean counter. Hut if removing it or replacing with pendant will make your ADL's easier without risk of harm, then go for it!
    "Good Luck!"