Thread: Hello & bladder stones

Hello & bladder stones

Hi! It's been AGES since I've been active in this site! Glad to be back!

This past year my body has been making bladder stone very quickly! My urine smells STRONG and stones are coming every six months or so. ( I have an SO tube) Doc is going to remove them in February, then put me on Renacidin 3x daily. I've never been on anything like this since my injury 46 years ago. Would love to hear from experience. Good? Bad? Tips? Natural alternatives? Side effects? Any info out there?
    Last edited by Mary-Jane; 01-16-2019 at 08:48 PM.

I use a product called Dissolve, which I get from my acupuncturist. My health has improved a lot since I began.

Were you making stones before you started taking it? Has it stopped the stone production? Do you irrigate with it and if so, how often? Details please. Cost?

Washington DC area--------------------T3 complete
    I was a terrible bladder stone maker. My doc said the worst he had seen. I tried Renacidin but didn't have good luck with it - had terrible bladder spasms/leakage.

I have a supra pubic cath and changed from latex catheters to silicone catheters and irrigate once a day with sterile saline. I made this change about three years ago and have not had any bladder stones since. The doctor has no explanation but is happy it has been resolved.

Wishing you positive results with the Renacidin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary-Jane View Post
    Were you making stones before you started taking it? Has it stopped the stone production? Do you irrigate with it and if so, how often? Details please. Cost?
    Yes, I had serious stone problem but mainly in the right kidney. Small stuff like sand which may be condensed from mucous sludge that accumulates there. That kidney suffers hydronephrosis and drains VERY slowly. I don't know if I still have a stone problem as that test will not be repeated for another 18 months. YET, I know I'm having much less difficulty with infection and health and energy are improved. When I use Dissolve I pass some "sand" often. This may be dissolved stones or small stuff before it grows larger. I also pass a lot of mucous when I'm taking it, which I do intermittently.

The product is a powder or capsule taken orally. It is expensive at $54 USD/bottle, which lasts 2-3 weeks. I personally buy it once very 6 weeks.

Stones should be analyzed to determine the type of stone before trying to use a medication to help prevent them. Your urologist should send the stone material to a lab to determine which type you have had. There are four basic types of stones:

• Calcium (usually calcium oxalate)
    • Struvite
    • Cystine
    • Uric acid

Struvite stones are some of the most common in people with SCI/D, and are not prevented by taking medications that may help with calcium oxalate stones. Those with calcium oxalate stones may benefit from a low oxalate diet (cranberries are high in oxalates, for example)

Uric acid stones are rare in people with SCI/D, but may be helped by taking potassium citrate or sodium citrate.

Renecidin irrigation may help prevent stone formation and catheter encrustation in the bladder, but does nothing to help prevent or treat stones in the kidney or ureter.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.