Thread: No one returns calls

SW Colorado---chair user from nerve disorder

No one returns calls

Just a mini rant. I have spent the last three days sitting in a room with my lap desk, a phone, and all my questions about the unearned income section of my state’s Medicaid Buy In. Waiting for those call backs. One to DHS, and one to an advocacy group that also doesn’t return calls. DHS used to return calls within 24 hours (it must be a lot longer based on how long I have waited), but if you miss that call you have to repeat the entire process. Call, leave a message, and wait and wait and wait. I can’t do much of anything else because I don’t want to miss the call. I keep the phone on my lap, and all my paperwork, a pen, all my questions.....and I wait. Somehow I doubt I am the only one to experience this kind of hell. I seem to be incapable of ‘getting into’ any other tasks because I fear that somehow my brain will have switched out of numbers mode. My brain really sucks at numbers, so once I convince it to switch to money mode I am reluctant to engage in any activities that will take me out of it.

I sit. I wait.
    chair user since 2009 from a neurological disorder

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Sounds familiar... my every week seems to consist of making a bunch of calls to leave messages to get call backs, rinse and repeat everyweek... bottle of champagne ready for when someone returns call.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/hcp...s-disabilities They don't ever call back. So waiting by the phone is wasted time.

Here is an organization to contact. Someone will call you back or they always have me.

http://www.ccdconline.org/2018/05/24...-disabilities/
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Thanks. I have been waiting two days for CCDC to call back after they said they were going to conference call me the next day. It took a week for the, to call me back the first time after they responded to my intitial email saying my situation was urgent. Sometimes I just want to give up. I have a call in to DHS as well. Guess I need to get some champagne for the celebration. At this rate there is no danger of me ever getting tipsy.

They will call you back eventually. I called and gave them some information in May. I finally got an email back that they had looked into it last week. LOL I guess us beggars can't be impatient...Hang in there. Can you go into your local DHS office? I called about my premium and they never have called me back. I just paid it rather than even try to figure the why out.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Colorado buy in medicaid looks great. Does anybody know if Florida has something like that.

I call them, and call them and call them. I tell them I will call them and get the persons full name (you'd be amazed the difference that makes). I tell them I will call them because its easier for me than for them because they have such a busy schedule. And I call them.

Yeah, maybe I need to be more of a pest. It certainly does feel like beggars can’t be chosers I have a meager amount of money in a brokerage account, what a different experience that is They respond immediately, are incredibly helpful, like bend over backwards helpful. I only go to the town that has the DHS office every few weeks, sometimes less in winter. I had hoped by phone would happen faster than my once every so often trip into town. Thanks for chiming in my fellow chair users, it’s nice to not feel all alone in my frustrations.

Rainman, No, only a few states have it. Colorado has a huge amount of people working with significant disabilities. We have a very high employment rate and personally I think the buy in is the reason. It is pretty obvious that states with the buy in have healthier people with disabilities. https://www.medicaid.gov/state-overviews/index.html https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...-disabilities/

New York's program is pretty good too. https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/program/buy_in/