Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCSD Scientists Demonstrate Use of 3D Printing with Stem Cells

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    The stem cells they've settled on have been chosen after some 15 years of regeneration research and successes in this lab.
    Good point, but there are additional reasons for the use of these cells, such as the patents have expired. Could be a double edged sword - if its successful anyone can use them, but on the other side will anyone invest to take it further as there is no IP to protect. Although I suppose the IP for the scaffolding could negate this issue.

big difference if the 15 year research was based on acute rats or with chronic humans though
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    you still re-editing yesterday's responses??? It's not fair changing responses especially if they were allready responded...
    trolling and

people can see the last editeddate in case you didn't knew...
    thread crapping

why did you re-edited yesterday's entire conversation grammy? Doesn't atch with anything in the original conversation anymore not really fair... This wasn't about you, i don't understand the personal attacks that are irrelevant. Sorry about the typos you mentioned, my left eye is nearly blind plus i'm a quad, so i make mistakes sometimes, no need to tell me what to do, again nobody asked you. makes sense... "not fundraising cause it was allready funded..."
    is a blind mans

big difference if the 15 year research was based on acute rats or with chronic humans though
    biggest attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    Good point, but there are additional reasons for the use of these cells, such as the patents have expired. Could be a double edged sword - if its successful anyone can use them, but on the other side will anyone invest to take it further as there is no IP to protect. Although I suppose the IP for the scaffolding could negate this issue.
    For now, the work is still in proof of principle with rodent and primate. It's not to say they are ready for final animal testing to head to the FDA with. I would imagine the IP details will all be worked out if the lab results give them all the right go ahead signals. Cells can be easily manipulated. It's early in the process of loading scaffolds with cells to get functional results. It's worth keeping abreast of their developments. This is one of the best SCI labs in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    For now, the work is still in proof of principle with rodent and primate. It's not to say they are ready for final animal testing to head to the FDA with. I would imagine the IP details will all be worked out if the lab results give them all the right go ahead signals. Cells can be easily manipulated. It's early in the process of loading scaffolds with cells to get functional results. It's worth keeping abreast of their developments. This is one of the best SCI labs in the US.
    unfortunately, nothing said here has proved anything.Just personal assumptions. Thanks anyways.
    ― DaShanne Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    unfortunately, nothing said here has proved anything.Just personal assumptions. Thanks anyways.
    and public spectacle.

Back to the original topic by SCI Nurse, I see reality in 3D printing cell matching organs for transplanting, but only the ones that do heal such as skin tissue, heart, ear, lungs, nose, eyes....these were allready transplanted by organ donors way before 3D printing... Spinal cord tissue if different, it may be 3D printed but then what.... how to insert unhealable tissue or 'scaforld' without further damaging the existing one? just one nerve fiber disruption can paralyse the rest of the body. Makes more sense to me if just using the growth syrop alone to the existing cord to repair itseft
    ― DaShanne Stokes