Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Getting back into your wheelchair from the floor

You still can't use that independently, which is what the OP was requesting.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    https://www.raizer.com/

I couldn't find the thread about getting off the floor, but found this thing. They have distributors in the US. I'll have to see what it costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    That's awesome. Please post back price. My guess..... $1,500. Let hope it's not ridiculous.
    Guess again! $11,606.07 list, "on-sale" for $7,368.93!!!!!!
    https://www.amicamedicalsupply.com/r...hoCai8QAvD_BwE

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    That's awesome. Please post back price. My guess..... $1,500. Let hope it's not ridiculous.

Charging whatever the market will bear.

https://www.liftup.dk/en/distributors/

Houston distributor has it listed at 6,499
    Dallas distributor has it listed at 3,990

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Not with most floor based lifts. Some can do it with a ceiling track lift if you have both a lifting and lateral motor system, and a wireless remote, but you are limited to being able to access it from where you have track, unless you can crawl or drag yourself to that area

In my area, if you call 911 to get picked up from a fall too many times in a short period, you start getting a bill of around $800 for that type of call.

Note:
    Just spoke to a relative yesterday who found out that if you call 911 and ask for Fire Department instead of "emergency", then when connected to local Fire Department explain the situation and ask if they are able to come to your residence and pick up someone who has fallen out of their wheelchair.
    The relative's husband had fallen two or three times in the last 6 months of his life.
    She said she was never charged for this help.

Do you have any experience of a local Fire Department doing this type of thing for free? In my area if EMS is dispatched to help you, it is a private emergency company that responds and charges you. A township/county/city Fire Department responder may not charge as they aren't private? - they receive part of our property taxes. If someone is unable to pay for a service like this, it may pay to visit the local fire station and discuss.
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 02-08-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Do you have any experience of a local Fire Department doing this type of thing for free? In my area if EMS is dispatched to help you, it is a private emergency company that responds and charges you. A township/county/city Fire Department responder may not charge as they aren't private? - they receive part of our property taxes. If someone is unable to pay for a service like this, it may pay to visit the local fire station and discuss.
    Over here, I call 911, but clearly state that it is not an emergency, but I need invalid assistance (our 911, though is how we make non-emergency contact with police, so the system is set to handle it) . The fire dept responds and seem happy to help. I had an MS friend call about every other month and he never got charged and the firemen were always friendly and helpful.
    C-6/7 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Kulea View Post
    Over here, I call 911, but clearly state that it is not an emergency, but I need invalid assistance (our 911, though is how we make non-emergency contact with police, so the system is set to handle it) . The fire dept responds and seem happy to help. I had an MS friend call about every other month and he never got charged and the firemen were always friendly and helpful.
    I am sure this varies by location, but in my city the EMS (fire dept. managed) with bill you if they consider your calls for pick up from the floor as "excessive".

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post

One could build something like this with PVC piping for $50.
    I?ve thought about doing something like this. Anyone have any photos, plans, or experiences with this? I?ve never built anything with PVC. I?d be afraid of it toppling or outright breakingwhen you attempted to transfer onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by ABQwheelin View Post
    I?ve thought about doing something like this. Anyone have any photos, plans, or experiences with this? I?ve never built anything with PVC. I?d be afraid of it toppling or outright breakingwhen you attempted to transfer onto it.
    I've got lawn chairs made out of schedule 40 and it holds up even to some fat ass drunken friends of mine.