Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone changed out the chainring on a Stricker hand bike?

you should contact Stricker. I doubt they have anyone who has gone that many miles on their bikes. Well, may not be that good of an idea to contact them; they seem not like owners contacting them directly. I had a few questions directed to them and they go pretty snooty about it.

When I purchased mine used I had a guy over there help me with getting it shipped over here as the owner did not want to ship internationally. I wish he spoke English because while it worked out good enough it seems like a lot got lost in translation through Google translate. His name is Franz and he is a Stricker dealer and a real nice guy best I can tell. Someone on this site hooked me up with him.
    I have already sent John a message. I know what you are saying though you would think they would want to know. As well as Quickie because that is the chair I attach it to. a GPV. Before I ever purchased one I tried to contact them but they never got back to me.

Hopefully, by April I will be up to 21000 as in April I will have had it three years. Using it as a mode of transportation really racks up the miles. I have an idea I will end up a little short of that and it will be the first year since I got the Stricker that I have not gotten a little over 7000 miles on it.

Hope things are going well for you Pat and that 2019 is a great year for all of us

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    you should contact Stricker. I doubt they have anyone who has gone that many miles on their bikes. Well, may not be that good of an idea to contact them; they seem not like owners contacting them directly. I had a few questions directed to them and they go pretty snooty about it.

Looks like a square taper crank set with a 5 bolt BCD. Depending on your DIY-ability, you might be able to use this website to figure out the bolt spacing on the big ring and maybe find a replacement from a peda bike retailer (local or online): https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...e-diameter-bcd

Ring gears can be tricky to get apart, but I see Phillips head screws holding the rings on instead of rivets, so it should be serviceable. Best of luck!

Hi djrolling, yeh been riding as much as possible. I put down 867miles in 2018. I also picked up another Stricker last June, a used Ultra 24" with Tetra reverse brake and Quadgrips.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sweet.... I cannot say enough good about handcycling in general and these Strickers in general. Did you get it on eBay from Franz? Or off that classified ad site before it went away or somewhere else? Great pic looks like a good place to ride. what is a Tetra reverse brake?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSporto View Post
    Hi djrolling, yeh been riding as much as possible. I put down 867miles in 2018. I also picked up another Stricker last June, a used Ultra 24" with Tetra reverse brake and Quadgrips.

I agree DJ. I'm on my 43rd year handcycling. I still use the recumbent with a Power Pod. I bought a Stricker with powwer assist. Once I got it dialed in, it's pretty incredible. I'm using it more and more.
    I've ridden many of the earlier attachable bikes and they were alway inefficient or cumbersome to attach. These are a breeze and as smooth as my Freedom Ryder. I wish the throttle speed was faster for cruising for a break in pedaling. The shoulders are pretty worn. I'm really impressed by it. I'm trying to figure out a way to carry my parlor guitar or uke on it now.
    Did you find a chainring replacement yet? Stricker should feature you in one of their ads for all the miles you have on it and in the least, sell or give a new chainring to you.

agreed, strickers are amazing. i use mine hard for training and i find i use my race bike less and less. im averaging 1600 per summer.

dj, on the tetra versions we have a reverse brake that can be switched on /off, no hand brake
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Pat they do not have the setup I want just the same as I have now so I think I am going to get the local bike shop to fix me up a set the way I want it. They have looked at it and said they could. I am going to see if I can order just the 38T chainring from Stricker just to have a spare as right now I am having to use the 28T because I can no longer use the 38T it is no longer useable even on a flat surface. Glad to hear you are getting so much cycling in. It always has been and still is very therapeutic for me.

That sounds cool John but also pretty pricey. Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    Pat they do not have the setup I want just the same as I have now so I think I am going to get the local bike shop to fix me up a set the way I want it. They have lookedat it and said they could. I am going to see if I can order just the 38T chainring from Stricker just to have a spare as right now I am having to use the 28T because I can no longer use the 38T is no longer useable even on a flat surface. Glad to hear you are getting so much cycling in. It always has been and still is very therapeutic for me.
    another option for more gearing is change cassette. i changed mine out for more top end
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer