Thread: Bronchial concerns

Blog Entries

Bronchial concerns

I day or two ago I inhaled a gel cap ? ? vitamin E or probiotic. It took me a while to cough it out, and it felt like some moisture from it remained in there. I lost my voice a good bit. It?s a real raspy effort to talk. Do I need to be concerned? I don?t feel anything in my lungs. I will be at a medical facility tomorrow if there is anything I should do.

If your voice is different, it is possible that something remains in your vallecula, which is a fold just below the base of your tongue and just above the epiglottis (which is the area that closes off your wind pipe or trachea when you swallow). If that is the case, or if it actually went into your trachea, you would need a scope to find and remove any residue.

If you are seeing your PCP, tell them about this and ask them to listen to your lungs and trachea to see if they can hear anything unusual. You may not feel anything inside your lungs that is small. They should advise you if you need to have a scope procedure.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.