Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Upside

The Upside

Got to see a sneak preview of "The Upside" today and was pleasantly surprise. I had liked the original French film (The Intouchables, 2011) so much I was sure they would ruin the English language version. As much as I dislike Kevin Hart, I must admit he did a pretty good job in this film. Opens this next weekend.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thanks for the info! Looks like I'm doing 2 this weekend if I don't get snowed in. (A Dog's Way Home)

I want to see "A Dog's Way Home" too. I am a sucker for good dog stories!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

If anyone can play that role it's Cranston. He's brilliant.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

If I had been casting this movie, would have selected Rob Brown (Finding Forester, Coach Carter) in the role of Dell.

I thought Sy Omar, the French version "Dell" (Driss) was perfect, and is very handsome as well! The actual real-life man (Abdel Sellou) was Algerian.

(KLD)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-08-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    If anyone can play that role it's Cranston. He's brilliant.
    Colin Firth was first cast in this role, but I agree, Cranston was a better choice.

(KLD)

Here are pictures of the real people, the actors in the French movie, Intouchables, and the actors in the American movie, The Upside.

The movies were based upon the memoirs of each man:
    A Second Wind
    Philippe Pozzo Di Borgo

You Saved My Life
    Abdel Sellou

Of all the titles for the books or the movies, I think I prefer, A Second Wind.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Bryan Cranston Responds to Backlash Over Disabled Role

Bryan Cranston has been getting some backlash for his role as a man with quadriplegia in The Upside, but he's not apologizing. Though the Breaking Bad star said the subject was "worthy for debate," he noted, "As actors we're asked to play other people. ... If I, as a straight, older person, and I'm wealthy, I'm very fortunate, does that mean I can't play a person who is not wealthy, does that mean I can't play a homosexual?" He added that he doesn't know what the answer is: "Where does the restriction apply, where is the line for that?" he said during an interview with the Press Association, per the BBC.

To read the entire piece:
    http://www.newser.com/story/269655/b...abled-man.html

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Bryan Cranston has been getting some backlash for his role as a man with quadriplegia in The Upside, but he's not apologizing. Though the Breaking Bad star said the subject was "worthy for debate," he noted, "As actors we're asked to play other people. ... If I, as a straight, older person, and I'm wealthy, I'm very fortunate, does that mean I can't play a person who is not wealthy, does that mean I can't play a homosexual?" He added that he doesn't know what the answer is: "Where does the restriction apply, where is the line for that?" he said during an interview with the Press Association, per the BBC.

To read the entire piece:
    http://www.newser.com/story/269655/b...abled-man.html
    why is he getting backlash only chris reeve could have played but he is dead