Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eat meat or not?

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I eat both Chicken and Beef. Chicken is especially plentiful and cheap in the US.
    Our country does not have a good economy
    Of course, our prices are very cheap with US dollars
    Each kilogram of chicken is $ 1

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I also question why a new member would post this as their first post, especially as their profile indicates that they do not have a SCI/D but are the "friend" of someone who does have a SCI/D. My troll radar is tingling. I assume that is true for Jim too.

(KLD)
    I asked for my friend
    I eat everything and I have no problems

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    To those who say you can get all your nutrition from plants, just look at the typical vegetarian that looks unhealthy.
    Just putting in a word that a whole food plant-based diet is perfectly healthy when done with enough preparation, as shown by the number of wfpd bodybuilder and high-performance athletes out there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Whol...w=1242&bih=541

Looking around, I see a lot more people on the standard American diet who aren't looking so healthy. :-)

Lot's of deer. Chicken, fish, beef, tuna, pork...you name it, I eat it

Blog Entries
    I do not eat ANY animal products, try to avoid gmo's, try to get organic products, etc. It is a preferred option for those who want to be healthy. I take one medication to prevent seizures from a tumor in my cerebellum, had a large one removed from the center/top of my brain surgically in 2012. haven't had a seizure since I switched back to vegan diet in 2016. Moved to the desert last FEbruary and the store is 70 miles away, I am eating healthier now than ever before, AND spreading the health message to all who live out here. I have taken my 'meals' up to the local American Legion and everyone likes the grub I bring. There are a few who follow my advice regarding diet and natural ways of healing.
    Spitzbub is correct, all you have to do is LOOK around you at the effects of the 'standard uhmerican diet'... Animals are best used for friendship and entertainment. Not healthy as food.

CapnGimp, there's a tiny place in Alpine called Snack Shack, will make you a big old bean burrito or stuffed potato for cheap. A little family place, I hope it's still around.

https://thewheeledwonder.wordpress.c...tx-does-vegan/

Blog Entries
    I'm about 70 miles south of Alpine, off-grid. I go to ALpine for my groceries, gas vehicle parts for those I work on etc. Beans are the main component of my diet I cook my grub ~hot~ , I do eat at the Chinese restaurants there when I drive up. Eat at the Chile Pepper, La Kiva and the Starlight in Study Butte occasionally. My neighbor's wife is a vegan like me.T We swap cooking and eat at their place once in a while. If I can't get info on the safety of the ingredients, I don't eat there. (gmo, organic, etc) Real picky about what my fuel is. That's how I avoid 'doctors' I haven't saw it yet, but I will be on the lookout. Thanks for the heads up!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitzbub View Post
    CapnGimp, there's a tiny place in Alpine called Snack Shack, will make you a big old bean burrito or stuffed potato for cheap. A little family place, I hope it's still around.

https://thewheeledwonder.wordpress.c...tx-does-vegan/
    Is the blog yours? May start reading on it if so...

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    I'm about 70 miles south of Alpine, off-grid. I go to ALpine for my groceries, gas vehicle parts for those I work on etc. Beans are the main component of my diet I cook my grub ~hot~ , I do eat at the Chinese restaurants there when I drive up. Eat at the Chile Pepper, La Kiva and the Starlight in Study Butte occasionally. My neighbor's wife is a vegan like me.T We swap cooking and eat at their place once in a while. If I can't get info on the safety of the ingredients, I don't eat there. (gmo, organic, etc) Real picky about what my fuel is. That's how I avoid 'doctors' I haven't saw it yet, but I will be on the lookout. Thanks for the heads up!
    that pretty neat off the grid I would love to know more I thought about it then did not but is that ur facebook interesting

Blog Entries
    yes, that's my FB, go through the pictures on it, various albums, you will see what it looks like down here...It is absolutely awesome, lots of new things of God's creation for me to explore/learn about, first time in a desert environment. Feb 12 will be 22 years paralyzed, Feb 22 will be one year living here. Pace is slow here, 'Terlingua time', no rush for anything. Brewster county is the largest county in the USA. Big Bend National Park and State Parks are contained in it. I have yet to get to Sul Ross University and check out the museum and geology centers, and lots of other close sites relating to a lot of my other hobbies, especially astronomy. I have yet to build my 'observatory' to contain my telescopes. Class 5 dark skies here, when you look up, the heavens really declare the glory of God. I have water storage tanks, solar power, hughes net for internet and a dish to get reception of the news and religious programming I watch. No mainstream media for me, I don't waste my time on trash and lies. I know the score. That's why I moved out here. Time is short.
    Currently 60 degrees sunny with winds between 20-40mph.