Thread: SCI nurse...cystoscopy has been kind to me-will botox be as well??

SCI nurse...cystoscopy has been kind to me-will botox be as well??

I'm a C5/6, 18 years post injury, who has had frequent AD struggles, mostly bladder-related. I have some (patchy)sensation below my level of injury.

I recently had a cystoscopy (bladder scope) in the urologist's office with, as far as I know, no anesthesia (don't know about numbing). I've had 2 colonoscopies since my injury.
    (I'm looking thru my medical history to get more info about how these procedures were done).

none of these resulted in any AD at all. I realize that there are no guarantees and that no procedure will be exactly the same each time, but based on these facts might I be ok getting a botox injection in the urologist's office?
    "courage is fear that has said its prayers"

What is the common practice in your area? Is your urologist able to manage your AD? I am not comfortable with saying that you won't have AD because you haven't in the past with fairly common procedures. But I would speak to your care team and see what they recomment.

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.