Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: plugged catheter

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    A Teflon or Silastic coated catheter is less likely to clog. Have you tried that instead of the Poiesis Duette?

Have you tried just plain sterile normal saline? Irrigating with non-sterile water and vinegar with non-sterile technique sets you up for introducing bacteria and yeasts into your bladder which could also be making you over-produce thick mucous.

Are you forcefully irrigating and flushing the irrigant back and forth, including sucking it out the catheter with the syringe? This is what irrigation is. If you are just pushing in fluid and then allowing it to drain out by gravity, that is instillation, which is used for putting medication into the bladder, but is ineffective in clearing mucous, clots, or other clogs.

Yeast (Candida) infections of the urinary tract are not uncommon in indwelling catheter users. You usually see clumps of white mucous-type material in the urine. These clumps can clog catheters. Yeast urinary tract infections can be difficult to treat. Most urologists find use of fluconazole (an oral antifungal that provides high urine concentrations) is the antifungal agent of choice Rarely, amphotericin B or flucytosine urinary tract flushes are used.

(KLD)
    good morning

we have been pushing in then drawing out with syringe and been getting stuff out yesterday was fine today damn if it was barely push in nothing come out several tries we changed cathe as we could see it was plugged its those dang white strings are back I cut open cathe diagonal put it a ziplock back I go in 17 for that thing that looks for stone taking with me. I do see white mucus and I do wonder how it comes out but it does these strings though the just plug it up they don/t budge

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    good morning

we have been pushing in then drawing out with syringe and been getting stuff out yesterday was fine today damn if it was barely push in nothing come out several tries we changed cathe as we could see it was plugged its those dang white strings are back I cut open cathe diagonal put it a ziplock back I go in 17 for that thing that looks for stone taking with me. I do see white mucus and I do wonder how it comes out but it does these strings though the just plug it up they don/t budge
    well now have bladders stone but they want to put me to sleep but due to dam pacemaker I got to get that ok so trying to get in have all this stuff done

It is called cystolithopaxy. They just need to be sure you will make it through. Common procedure.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    It is called cystolithopaxy. They just need to be sure you will make it through. Common procedure.
    CWO
    they getting me in the cardio tomorrow I am appreciate but my brother his wife here and we had plans now canceled but its nice they got me in fast thank you for telling me what it was

scratch that next Friday so the rep can be there sorin i have 1 possible 2 pretty good size right where the cath is. what can i do including irraging till they can get me

thank u
    Last edited by vjls; 01-17-2019 at 07:13 PM. Reason: info

i am frustrated

it will be Friday before cadio dr and rep can see me since Tuesday irrigating dayly today we did several
    times in and out no problem

knew I had leaked when pushed in felt it . urine clear lots of it flowing in to bag

change clothes 10 minutes later wet when to change clothes washing self dang it went again washed dried 3 times in a hr but I am .. I just don/t know what to do

help

sweating

irrigated this am leaked then went in easy 1st ime and out second time in easy nothing come out tried 2 time ok changed cathe cut cathe down middle clean nothing in it
    new cath urine clear but I am sweating took bp 139 over 80 pluse 47 here lately that's normal

I go to cardi dr Friday so they can I hope ok me forbladder thing

whats going on I am beside myself

Sounds like you are having on-going dysreflexia, most likely from the stone, which is also most likely interfering with your good catheter drainage and irrigation. You should talk today with your urologist, and ask about being put on medication to treat the dysreflexia until you can get the surgery done.

Did you ask your urologist about doing the stone removal with spinal anesthesia? It is likely you would not need cardiac clearance if this can be done.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

blood pressure

started taking it today

138/58 pluse 48 I have a pacemaker go see cardio dr Friday and rep for pacemaker

it was same this am good bad indifferent?

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    started taking it today
    Started taking what today?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Started taking what today?
    I believe she means she started taking her blood pressure.

Impossible to say anything about this low pulse and high blood pressure without knowing 1) what your "normal" is, and 2) if you are having any other symptoms of AD.

Moving this to the thread where you discussed this previously today.

(KLD)