Thread: vacation ?

vacation ?

i get bored after about 4 days and ready to come home is anyone else like that i get bored super easy my neighbor is same way 4 days ready for home its like cant wait to get there then after a 3 or 4 days im like ya time to go lol maybe im weird well i know im weird haha
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I lived ten years in a motorhome. I look at it every day and want to go back on the road. When I was 15 I got on my bike and took off for 3 months. I always think I'm like my old dog that would come in the house, but sit by the door all the time, waiting to go back out. If I could I'd be back on that bike or in the camper. There is just so much to see and do out there.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    i get bored after about 4 days and ready to come home is anyone else like that i get bored super easy my neighbor is same way 4 days ready for home its like cant wait to get there then after a 3 or 4 days im like ya time to go lol maybe im weird well i know im weird haha
    Where are you going for vacation? If you are going just one place, like a resort, and sitting there, I would agree. I am much more happy with road trips or a cruise where you are someplace different every 1-2 days.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Not sure what a fun vacation looks like anymore. What I used to do, I can no longer do, and so to go on vacation and sit, and watch others do what I used to do? Nah, no thanks... My home I can still do stuff.

don/t know ur level but skiing was a blast was it as great as when I had legs no but I had fun went white water down Colorado yes I would have like to hiked but I still had fun
    yes I am in that string of horses riding in my special saddle
    Attached Images Attached Images  

same here exactly. doesnt matter where either. 4 days is perfect length 5 days max.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I used to love to travel, lived for years in Central America and got hurt in Taiwan. Now if I travel, coping with finding the right foods for myself and with getting suitcase into lodging, setting up my care routine, yadda yadda- I inevitably lose a couple of pounds that I am never able to replace. Seeking access to buildings, finding addresses, driving unfamiliar roads- it all creates some nervousness. Like greybeard, I find it just not worth it. I wish to be home where I've made life easy and familiar. Routine is my friend. Going to a movie is a big adventure.

Things change and there are phases of life. This phase , with it's closed doors and very limited horizons, is not the kind that fills me with excitement for life. I center on staying strong and healthy and that is a full time job. I am still glad for the life I have.

seems 4 days is enough for a lot of people so im not weird lol and it doesnt matter were im getting ready to head to clearwater or treasure island fingers crossed
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]