Thread: mybetriq

mybetriq

anyone on it if so whats your thoughts and dosage of it
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Pretty sure the dosing is only 25 and 50. I was on 50 for a year or so. For me it worked less well than the anticholinergic drugs (like ditropan/oxybutynin), but with no cognitive side effects (on oxybutynin I was sleeping a lot and felt like I was operating on about 80% of my normal intelligence throughout the day). Eventually I stopped using it because it seemed like it wasn't worth it any longer, but my bladder is all kinds of jacked up, so not sure it's the drugs fault.

It did nothing for me. I trialed for a month.

I will let others who use the drug comment.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

thanks for input yall ill keep on the the same as i am now
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I've been on it for over a year. 25 mg

It works really well for me with no discernable side effects.

Prior I had had occasional issues with leakage but no more since i've been taking it.

Jeff
    Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Pretty sure the dosing is only 25 and 50. I was on 50 for a year or so. For me it worked less well than the anticholinergic drugs (like ditropan/oxybutynin), but with no cognitive side effects (on oxybutynin I was sleeping a lot and felt like I was operating on about 80% of my normal intelligence throughout the day). Eventually I stopped using it because it seemed like it wasn't worth it any longer, but my bladder is all kinds of jacked up, so not sure it's the drugs fault.
    Same for me.

I take 50 mgs. It has made a difference for me. My bladder holds more for those times I get busy and don't get around to cath, and with less pain. Knock on wood, I haven't had any leakage issues at night either. I haven't noticed any adverse side effects. The only downside is the price. I try to get free sample packs as much as I can from my urologist. I think 30 pills is something like $400, but with my insurance drops it down to $100. I can also stretch those 50's out too. I can skip a day or so and then take one and feel everything is still level.