Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red heel

My sincere apologies to everyone offended. Happy new year to all.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

The answer is Skin Prep, Certainly not Alcohol Prep Pads like my PCA used. She grabbed the wrong box. My morning PCA put the box in the wrong place. I've been overwhelmed since my wife and sole caregiver passed away. Breaking my neck 38 years was a cakewalk compared to what I'm still going through.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Do not use skin prep. I know that you may have been told that in the past, but curent practice is to to use it for skin preotection.

I am sorry that you are going throught such a rough time. It will get easier, but it is never easy.

Hang in there!

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Do not use skin prep. I know that you may have been told that in the past, but curent practice is to to use it for skin preotection.

I am sorry that you are going throught such a rough time. It will get easier, but it is never easy.

Hang in there!

ckf
    Well should it be treated with anything? It's just slightly red, so maybe only floating it in bed will get it back to normal? BTW it probably got red from not doing that. I always say to my PCA's, do I have to think of everything. Laurel and Hardy, don't know which one said it.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

treat it with nothing just keep all pressure off of it.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009