Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart: No shopping Baskets for Disabled

I have not shopped at walmart for several years because their service dropped off the edge of the earth.

I asked my local grocery store owner if I could keep one in my van so I could use it there plus other places that don't have one. He said sure and even put my first name on it.....lol
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    I asked my local grocery store owner if I could keep one in my van so I could use it there plus other places that don't have one. He said sure and even put my first name on it.....lol
    Oh man, when they put your name on it that means you're special.

Yes I can provide my own shopping basket, but the bias and discrimination lingers and Wal-Mart is not about to remedy this insensitive situation. I can refuse to shop Wal-Mart, but that will not change their policy toward persons with disabilities. The company will continue its policy of not wanting mobility impaired persons shopping in their stores.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

You better get used to it. I been in a chair for over 43 years now and you will get screwed more than not. So many people steal that stuff is why they don't have them anymore. I wonder how many scooters get stolen? I see were people just leave them outside after there done with them. Easy to steal if someone wants one. I have seen people steal the whole shopping cart many a time. Wonder how many of those they loose over a year?
    Art

Need a Walmart basket? I just happened to have one here. Snagged it a while back when they were impossible to find and take it every trip. But nowadays I do most of my shopping for stuff online, and groceries, I order online and pickup. Quick and easy.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

*casually acts like she doesn't own a few walmart baskets*

And this is why there are no baskets in the store. (Only partially kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    *casually acts like she doesn't own a few walmart baskets*
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

I’ve only taken one grocery store basket in my life. I told the bagging lady to “please leave me the basket” since they usually bag everything then hand you fifteen separate plastic bags for the nineteen items you purchase, which is a bit unwieldy. She took this to mean don’t bag anything at all and just put it back into the basket. No bags whatsoever. I wasn’t about to carry my groceries inside my house one by one on my lap because I had no bag so I left them in the basket when I put it in my trunk.

I couldn't find any shopping baskets for sale in single quantity the last time I looked. Today, you can buy just one shopping basket on Amazon or ebay for $20.