Thread: Bladder Meds, Vesicare, CBD?

Bladder Meds, Vesicare, CBD?

So I'm currently taking Enablex 15mg, for 9 yrs, but I'm switching to Vesicare for coverage. I've been on bladder meds for 29 yrs, Ditropan for 20 till I learned of the memory problems, which I have very bad memory. I'm sure between Ditropan and baclofen my brain is mush after this long. Apparently Enablex & Vesicare are better, who knows???

Anyway, has anyone switched over from Enablex to Vesicare. I was going to go straight to 10mg because I had to go 15mg Enablex, but I think I'll try 5mg 1st, less is better if it works??? Anywho, anyone made this switch, anyone on Vesicare?

I would absolutely love to get off this crap & take CBD, it's suppossed to work for muscle spasms. I just can't find people w/ SCI who take it to replace Baclofen or a bladder med. That would be so awesome, 30 yrs of pumping this shit in my brain scares me, how bad will my memory be in just 5-10 yrs from now.

We need more info on CBD/Cannabis for getting off these drugs that cross our blood brain barriers. Hopefully the next generation of SCI's can keep their brains intact.

I agree! I've been on this shit too long (23 yrs) I wonder if my vision and mind haven't degraded and I don't realized it.

Saw my urologist last week and pursued it (and him!). He conceded and I'm going in for botox in the spring. We'll see what my perception is (pun intended)
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by monkeygirl View Post
    So I'm currently taking Enablex 15mg, for 9 yrs, but I'm switching to Vesicare for coverage. I've been on bladder meds for 29 yrs, Ditropan for 20 till I learned of the memory problems, which I have very bad memory. I'm sure between Ditropan and baclofen my brain is mush after this long. Apparently Enablex & Vesicare are better, who knows???

Anyway, has anyone switched over from Enablex to Vesicare. I was going to go straight to 10mg because I had to go 15mg Enablex, but I think I'll try 5mg 1st, less is better if it works??? Anywho, anyone made this switch, anyone on Vesicare?

I would absolutely love to get off this crap & take CBD, it's suppossed to work for muscle spasms. I just can't find people w/ SCI who take it to replace Baclofen or a bladder med. That would be so awesome, 30 yrs of pumping this shit in my brain scares me, how bad will my memory be in just 5-10 yrs from now.

We need more info on CBD/Cannabis for getting off these drugs that cross our blood brain barriers. Hopefully the next generation of SCI's can keep their brains intact.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...for-Spasticity

I intermediate self cath and I have been using Tovaz now for six years now. and I have had great luck with it. The only time I have any leaking issues is when I have a UTI.

I don’t think CBD will help your memory. The research was done on Ditropan but all anticholinergics cause the problem. Trospium is the one that crosses less into the brain and is better than Vesicare. Mirgabetron(myrbetriq) does not affect memory , not that we know of. It is not an anticholinergic. Of course it is newer and more expensive. I would recommend Botox but when it quits working, then use the Mirgabetron.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    I am much happier on mybetriq that I was on distropan. No dry mouth, and once a day works well so long as I am. consistent with timing. But my memory is terrible, I expect from brain abuse, but I?m interested in learning more about possible medication effects if anyone has anything to add.