Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spinal cord stimulater

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Thanks for the update.
    Very interesting.
    2nd that.. which manufacturer did you go with ?
    Where are you getting pain ?

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    So I did the week long spinal cord stimulater test. It was good and bad. On the 3 hour drive home it seemed like it was helping, but was not sure because of all the stuff I took, so I could sit long enough to make the trip. But it just got better and better as time went on.
    By bed time I was out of pain. By morning, even the (compressed, freezing feeling you get in the feet, after you get to pain somewhat under control) was gone. But after getting up the leeds moved and it quit working. Took x rays a few days later, and the rep, put on a different program and it worked for a bit, until I moved around a bunch.
    So even though it quit working, I'm still going ahead with a permanent stimulater . I'm getting paddles instead of leeds, because they don't move around so much. But they have to carve bone out of the way, so it's a much harder surgery.
    I would swear the whole thing off, except it worked so well, when it was working. If I could get this pain under control with drugs, not sure if I'd do the surgery.
    Will write again, when the permanent one goes in, in a couple of months.
    Wishing you all some pain free days

I was using the Abbott brand of stimulater, for the temperary.
    Have nerve pain in my butt, which makes it hard to sit for very long. Spend my time laying around on my hips. Plus the num strips down the thighs, and from below the knees, down into the feet. I have an incomplete injury, the nerve pain follows my nerves down my legs, all around the bit I can feel. It's incredibly painful, like being tortured, but never stops. Movement makes it worse.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Blog Entries
    Won't help from my experience, sorry

And what was your experience ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Won't help from my experience, sorry

I had a Medtronic stimulator placed in 2014 with paddles just above my injury. In hindsight, I wish that I did not go through with the surgery. I take that back, like one other comment I saw, I would have probably wondered how well it worked until I tried it. I think that I allowed the placebo effect to get me during the trial. I do hope that you have some better luck. Pain can truly wear on the most resilient of us.
    Jason

C5/6 Complete - water skiing accident 1994.

Not much incouragment going on here. Like you said, have to try to know for sure. My pain is more debilitating, then my paralysis. So got to at least try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jeft View Post
    I had a Medtronic stimulator placed in 2014 with paddles just above my injury. In hindsight, I wish that I did not go through with the surgery. I take that back, like one other comment I saw, I would have probably wondered how well it worked until I tried it. I think that I allowed the placebo effect to get me during the trial. I do hope that you have some better luck. Pain can truly wear on the most resilient of us.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

I'm the same way.... I hope it works for you, it's about the only option open to us.

http://www.startribune.com/spinal-co...vEuHQcohBGxcH8

Spinal cord stimulator device shows promise in Minneapolis study
    Local study reports early success with stimulator implant from Abbott Labs.

An ongoing clinical study at Minneapolis hospitals called E-Stand is reporting early success using an implantable medical device designed in Minnesota called a spinal cord stimulator to restore volitional movement and autonomic functions in patients paralyzed from the mid-back down.
    "Volitional movements" means being able to move your legs on purpose, while "autonomic functions" refers to functions governed by autonomic nervous system largely without conscious thought, such as regulating blood pressure, urination, and sexual arousal.

Blog Entries
    Well, My pain management is speaking to me about installing The new generation stimulator With the product from a distributor with the name Boston in it. I need to Google it to learn more, I’ve tested earlier generation models to no affect. Yeah I feel I need to do anything in good faith to try to get off the opioid based meds.
    Are there any CC members out there using this product???

Boston Scientific
    http://www.bostonscientific.com/cont...r-systems.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Well, My pain management is speaking to me about installing The new generation stimulator With the product from a distributor with the name Boston in it. I need to Google it to learn more, I’ve tested earlier generation models to no affect. Yeah I feel I need to do anything in good faith to try to get off the opioid based meds.
    Are there any CC members out there using this product???