Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Spinal cord stimulater

Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy View Post
    glad you are getting some relief. I always found it amazing that before surgery the reps and the doctor talk up the their product on how great it is. After implant, all of a sudden , after about 15 plus reconfigurations, and you tell them the SCS is giving about 10% relief they tell you that it is a success, they don't mention that before hand, nor do they show that in their shiny brochures. I also love the fact that they talk up the how good this unit is when in reality there is no tracking if the patient had any relief or not.

but i may try the ganglion nerve SCS soon
    I appreciate your experience. It sounds a lot like the surgeons who tell people who went into the hospital walking and come out permanently in a chair, "the operation was a success!" Btards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    I appreciate your experience. It sounds a lot like the surgeons who tell people who went into the hospital walking and come out permanently in a chair, "the operation was a success!" Btards.
    The running joke about surgeons is that the only outcome they track is mortality. So as long as you didn't die on their table, "the operation was a success!"
    Co-founder & CTO of MYOLYN - FES Technology for People with Paralysis - Empowering People to Move

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy View Post
    tim how did it go?
    i find most trials bogus , too short a period of time , the wire pulls out before you get home.
    since i have had 2 stimulators .
    i am interested in the ganglion root SCS , i may even do a trial of that myself
    Scheduled early September

they haven't worked well for sci patients , we are still waiting for a couple success stories .
    i also had to have mine removed for a needed mri which resulted in more permanent nerve loss due to the time it took
    cauda equina