Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Spinal cord stimulater

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    I've had my stimulater for about 9 months, and could not emagine life without it.
    After being on a program for two days, it starts to fade away. So I change programs all the time, (different spots on the spinal cord) and every couple of weeks turn it off for a couple of days. I get between 50 percent, and 85 percent pain relief. Love this great pain relief tool.
    Just realized you were incomplete. Do you think that has anything to do with why it is working so well for you? I'm T6 complete and never could feel the SCS doing anything below my injury level. I could only feel the tingling feeling it gives above my injury level.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    Just realized you were incomplete. Do you think that has anything to do with why it is working so well for you? I'm T6 complete and never could feel the SCS doing anything below my injury level. I could only feel the tingling feeling it gives above my injury level.
    Maybe, but not so sure about that. I do a lot of trickery to keep it going. How far down do you feel your pain? I'm guessing if it's nerve pain, then it radiates around below your injury level, like mine did, and still does.
    When the stimulater is really working well, all I can feel, is the bit of nerves I got back, but not all the firing off nerves that are not really there, but my body thinks should be there.
    I'm very sensitive to the stim, actually. The reps tell me it's turned way down low, compared to what most run.
    Not sure why some people don't feel them, but your not alone in this. A friend of mine, was all excited to get the test, but it didn't help her at all. The trial helps determine which people it will help.
    Wish it had worked for you. Woundnt wish this pain on anyone.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Maybe, but not so sure about that. I do a lot of trickery to keep it going. How far down do you feel your pain? I'm guessing if it's nerve pain, then it radiates around below your injury level, like mine did, and still does.
    When the stimulater is really working well, all I can feel, is the bit of nerves I got back, but not all the firing off nerves that are not really there, but my body thinks should be there.
    I'm very sensitive to the stim, actually. The reps tell me it's turned way down low, compared to what most run.
    Not sure why some people don't feel them, but your not alone in this. A friend of mine, was all excited to get the test, but it didn't help her at all. The trial helps determine which people it will help.
    Wish it had worked for you. Woundnt wish this pain on anyone.
    I have nerve pain from the band around my injury level all the way to my feet. I haven't even turned my SCS on in about two years. I may contact the local rep and see if they have any new programs to try using it again with.

I have nerve pain from the band around my injury level all the way to my feet. I haven't even turned my SCS on in about two years. I may contact the local rep and see if they have any new programs to try using it again with.
    And see if the leads have moved. Did you get any relief, on the trial?

And see if the leads have moved. Did you get any relief, on the trial?
    I had to have a paddle surgically put in for the trial because I had too much scar tissue to run leads up my spine. I thought I was getting some relief after the "trial" but it was hard to tell since I had to recover from surgery at the same time, may have been a placebo effect after all. But I didn't want them to cut my back open again to take the paddle out so I went ahead and had the pulse generator/battery put in, and used it for a few years before I gave up on it.

I had to have a paddle surgically put in for the trial because I had too much scar tissue to run leads up my spine. I thought I was getting some relief after the "trial" but it was hard to tell since I had to recover from surgery at the same time, may have been a placebo effect after all. But I didn't want them to cut my back open again to take the paddle out so I went ahead and had the pulse generator/battery put in, and used it for a few years before I gave up on it.
    Sorry you're not getting any relief with the stimulater. It's a bit frustrating trying to figure out the statistics about the rate of success. We guess 70 percent have relief. But even if that's true, there's still 30 percent with no success at all. And that's after weeding out people with the week long trial.
    But for alot of us, it's the only game in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancyp View Post
    Hi flying,
    wondering if you got my post a couple days ago. I live in Eugene area and am considering a SCS for my pain and wondered who did your surgery or whether you are happy with your surgeon. I?m a little nervous about the actual surgery and just want to make sure I get the best surgeon to do the surgery. Thanks.
    I went to the Neuro Spine Institute.
    541-686-3791
    The guy I had was leaving, so he won't be there anymore.
    Good luck with the trial, let us know how it goes