Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spinal cord stimulater

there is a new one that is suppose to work on the ganglion nerve roots , after 2 implanted SCS with no success, i prefer the probable success of the intrathecal medication pump,the dose of med is very low and way less side effects.
    cauda equina

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Any updates
    Any updates ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Well, My pain management is speaking to me about installing The new generation stimulator With the product from a distributor with the name Boston in it. I need to Google it to learn more, I’ve tested earlier generation models to no affect. Yeah I feel I need to do anything in good faith to try to get off the opioid based meds.
    Are there any CC members out there using this product???
    Mine is a Boston Scientific, you can see my earlier post in this thread.

Blog Entries
    Brad, or anyone reading......any luck with current generation Boston Scientific pain stimulator?

I'm scheduled for trial for same reasons Brad mentioned on 1st page.....what if it worked?

tim how did it go?
    i find most trials bogus , too short a period of time , the wire pulls out before you get home.
    since i have had 2 stimulators .
    i am interested in the ganglion root SCS , i may even do a trial of that myself
    cauda equina

morphine pump alan, with hydromorphone or stronger in it, even when it doesn't work great, having a steady supply of pain medicine and a bolus device , cant hurt, you still take orals if needed
    cauda equina

Well I had my Spinal cord stimulater put in a month ago, for my very disabling neuropathy. I got an Abbott, with paddles. I say disabling pain, because besides the burning legs, (which is a bit understatement, because it's just way to many nerves firing off, at the same time) I have it so bad in the rear end, that sitting for very long is impossible. So stay home mostly, trying to stay off my butt.

The surgery wasn't to bad, the battery site hurt pretty bad for a couple of weeks is all. It was a very discouraging start, but after three weeks, it started to work. There's a lot of playing around with the remote, they give you, which I'm doing. It definitely is helping with the nerve pain. But of course there's issues, aren't there always, with a SCI. It works well, for a couple of days, then it's like my pain wants to get through so bad, that it pushes through. So I turn it up one one number, and it helps, but then it catches back up.
    But I did go a few days with no pain meds at all, with very little pain, which is a first in eight years.
    And low power pain stuff like CBD oil, helps way more now, then it did before the Scs. (spinal cord stimulater)

All in all, I'm very glad I had it put in.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

glad you are getting some relief. I always found it amazing that before surgery the reps and the doctor talk up the their product on how great it is. After implan, all of a sudden , after about 15 plus reconfigurations, and you tell them the SCS is giving about 10% relief they tell you that it is a success, they don't mention that before hand, nor do they show that in their shiny brochures. I also love the fact that they talk up the how good this unit is when in reality there is no tracking if the patient had any relief or not.

but i may try the ganglion nerve SCS soon
    cauda equina

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Thanks for letting us know how it went.

Glad to hear you're happy so far, that sounds really promising.
    Be great to hear your feed back in 6 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Thanks for letting us know how it went.

Glad to hear you're happy so far, that sounds really promising.
    Be great to hear your feed back in 6 months or so.
    Yes that is the question, how long it works. I
    It's been really a challenge getting the stimulater to work the best it can. I'm an incomplete, got back to an L3 level. So when those small size muscles fire off, in my thighs, from moving, it sets off my neuropathy like crazy. So I'm lucky, that at night if I hold real still, I can get it to calm down enough to sleep.
    But the stimulater is on the same setting all the time, so it's a compromise as to where to set it. High enough for the day, gives me to much stim at night. An for some stupid reason, there's no timer built in that you can set. Plus my pain climbs up to a want to die point, then drops off and starts all over again. But got to say, have not had that cycle since I got the spinal cord stimulater, and that's a live saver.
    Hope it lasts
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old